Dba 4000 Rotors

Cro

• Member For: 14y 7m 12d

Mad, did you see the slicks on the pink rims haha? Ended up using EL falcon steelies. Just fit over brakes and kept the tyre in the guard.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 3d

$440?? good price, I paid $500, saw your ute at Powercruise

Hey Ben - where did you get those from. I've rung a couple of places near work in Balcatta and they are quoting $385 eachfor front rotors!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Inactive Members
  • Member For: 14y 29d

Hi everyone,

Forgive the VEERRYYY late reply but we've just been told about this thread and we wanted to make sure that we at least aswnered the original tech question at some point :beerchug:

We've been a little removed from you guys and the forum community lately as we've been busy on a lot of other stuff but would like to make sure that questions like these get covered properly.

Cro, the DBA 4000 and 5000 series rotors are designed to operate around 550°C (Orange heat paint changes) in motor sport conditions. Any extended use above 630°C (red heat paint changes) will unfortunately reduce the rotors life. The cooler the rotor can run, the longer the life expectancy. If a rotor is run at sustained temperature above the maximum continuous working temp of the brake pad then both the rotor and pad life will be drastically reduced.

If you are experiencing an intermittent squeak when driving slowly it can be caused by the rotors being mounted with excessive run out. This can be caused by the hub faces not being cleaned properly or if there's play in the hub bearing(s).

If you're finding that the brakes still squeal it may be worth looking at trying different brand pad options. There are a number of great option sout there.

Again, apologies for the delayed reply but we're standiang by if you need any more answers.

All the best

DBA Steve

Hi Steve, and anyone else who may have an opinion,

Your post above has me curious. I'd sort of figured on getting myself some DBA 4000s on the basis that I could abuse them to the point of incandescence (using QFM A1RM pads 'rated' to 780 degrees C) without any ill effects. I suppose there might have been a bit of wishful thinking involved here...

Anyway, knowing now that DBA 4000s do in fact have a recommended working temperature range of ~ 550 degrees, what is the working temperature range for a lesser disc, eg. DBA street slotted?

Thanks for any thoughts you may have,

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 14y 7m 12d

So after throwing 4000 slotteds on the front and bendix ultimates all round before powercruise I shall post my findings..

Squeel, they squeel like hell. Done everything you're supposed to do when fitting etc.

Down at powercruise I lost a bit of pedal.. Which is to be expected. After cooling down they were back to normal. Prob didn't help I boiled my brake fluid..

And the good news. After multiple hard stops from 200km/hr+, a few mountain runs, etc etc. The shudder is gone. Not even a trace of it. I've had smoke coming out the front and still no shudder.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 8m 8d

Im in the process of ordering a pair of 4000 for my f6 as a replacement for the brembos but apparently afew places that ive tried are saying that dba dont have any in stock!

whats my options? Ive had one bloke say to me what about Protex or something?

Never heard of them does anybody know anything

cheers