Dba 4000 Rotors

Cro

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 18d
I'm goin for only front upgrade with DBA 4000 slotted discs and Bendix Ultimates pads (as nifty said the Ferodos squealled - which I don't want - heard the Ultimates generate a bit of brake dust - but I'd prefer brake dust to squeal any day).

Sorry to disappoint you dude but I've got bendix ulitmates on RDA slotted disc and they squel like a bitch on heat! Plus they are dusty which I can live with due to having time to clean them every few days

• Lost Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 16d

don't get me wrong, the ferodos brake really well better than I expected (great for track day too), and they dust up nicely too. It's the squeal I can't handle. If you find a good pad to go with these rotors that don't squeal, please let me know.

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 11m 13d

I got DBA 4000 Wiper Slot rotors up front with Ferrodo Formula pads. Work great, but can be a bit noisy when cold and are VERY dusty! I bought them as I was told they were not very bad for dust, but on a light colour rim its very bad. I can wash the rims, drive it around the block and use the brakes 4 times) and I can wipe my finger on the rims and leave a clean streak :P

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 16d

Well I ended up buying the brakes as it seems like a good price considering supercheap had the street series for the same price. If anyone is interested I got them from ebay from this seller http://myworld.ebay.com.au/gemicam (just send him a message, he didn't have them listed but put them up and he also has pads as well and has been very helpful with questions) so I will hopefully have them this week some time. It ending up costing $525 for 4 new rotors and was for a BA by the way.

Edited by poita85