Dba 4000 Rotors

Cro

• Member For: 15y 9m 19d

Hey everyone.

so getting a bit of work done to my XR6T in a weeks time and well its all good and fun im getting more power but I guess I need something decent to stop me haha. my standard brakes r wearing and need replacing soon! any suggestions? Im considering doing the DBA4000 which u r all talking about! anyone got pics of their setup? and also whats the initial cost for the parts eg, pads, etc and installation, and who will do them these days

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 2m 16d

Here's something I wrote up last year - cured my brake shudder (well so far :hiwelcome: ). You can order your setup from just about anyone in Australia. Hiro in the advertising section offers good deals on dba 4000 slotted rotors :pooh:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 16y 20d

does anyone know of anywhere that have these in stock, dba themselves are out of stock and have closed for xmas..

I NEED A SET!

Yep, trying to get some DBA42107S and DBA4505S at the moment - no stock!! DBA are apparently running some through the factory now...?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 17d

Hey guys,

I had some shocking brake shudder recently so I had the rotors machined and the pads replaced. Was really good for a while, but it's slowly getting worse again - Don't know if it's the rears acting up now but it's giving me the sh*ts...

I need to have the rear pads replaced soon and I don't really want everything machined again. The stock brakes are OK, but I'd like a bit of an improvement.

I've heard numerous different prices for the DBA4000's. What are people paying these days? Anyone from Perth?

Do most people keep the standard set-up (Calipers etc) but just upgrade the rotor and use some good pads?

Thanks guys,

Dan

• Member For: 15y 2m 20d

I put a front set of Dba 4000 xs series on my standard fg with ferodo pads ands the things are stuffed. Hwy speeds bad shudder now. Good to start but I have had them all of 6 months so not happy at all. I worked the standard discs harder. I replaced them looking for better from these. The standards showed no signs of warping at all and I still have them thank god. I will following upon this. Good money and 6 months is just not right.

Pt.

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 3d

dba4000 wiper slot rotors + ebc redstuff pads = :buttrock:

no shudder or ugly noises, had this setup for 15k still brakes really well. cant fault them yet..

think the rotors were 500 and pads were 160 :spoton:

Edited by kris