Ford Quality

gotxr6t

• Member For: 19y 1m 14d

Has any one else had problem with window tint? My ute is about to go back in for the second time were it seems the rubber at the top of the door is to tight and pushing the tint down making it bubble. They recon they will have to shave some of the rubber away to make contact not as tight. What do we all think?

• My new toy
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 8d

Never had this problem at all.

I think it may be the person doing the tint.

Ian

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 4d
Never had this problem at all.

I think it may be the person doing the tint.

Ian

:laughing:

Sounds like BS. Wouldn't let them anywhere near it with a blade as you'll just end up with an imperfect seal and the resultant air leek. :blink:

• CNUTOX
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 24d

My tinter has cut the corner of the tint away, to stop this happening. It is such a cut that you cannot see it when the window is up.

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 5d

I remember when the guy did mine he actually used a fine file to make the edge of the tint and the glass become one... like there was the finest slope up to the level of the tint. If there is an issue with the seal sticking, the finest amount of vasolene will fix that.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 6d
I remember when the guy did mine he actually used a fine file to make the edge of the tint and the glass become one... like there was the finest slope up to the level of the tint. If there is an issue with the seal sticking, the finest amount of vasolene will fix that.

Hey kids todays post are sponsered by the word FINE ..... :blink: ...i really have nothin useful to add here so i'l be on my way..... :laughing:

• Member For: 19y 1m 14d

They replaced it again (under warranty), they said that 3M have said that there are a few falcons having the same problem, they recommened to use baby oil or vas (as xxxr6t said). Hopefully want happen again.

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 5d

Hey kids todays post are sponsered by the word FINE ..... :blink: ...I really have nothin useful to add here so I'l be on my way..... :laughing:

that's fine, the weather is fine today and although I'm not feeling the finest I did pay my parking fine yesterday so saying fine too many times in a sentence really is fine... by me anyway.

Reminds me of Super Troopers :spit:

Did I say meow?

Do I look like a cat to you boy? Am I jumpin around all nimbly pimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? Do you see me eating mice??!

I'm gonna have to give you a ticket meow...

• FG Falcon fan!
  • Member For: 21y 2m 23d

As said above, tinted windows are not a factory option, they are after-market or dealer-fitted. Dont blame Ford.

the mob who did my tint did a fine job, no dramas at all, im a repeat customer of theirs.