Fitted Xr8 Cai

XR68UZ

• XR68UZ
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 14d

just finished putting the snorkel in. my god that hole was hard 2 cut. took it for a little drive, noticed the car responds a little better, but it could be a placebo. flutter is really loud now, I like^^.

don't have a dyno, will have 2 race my friends s15 to see if there's any difference.

was fun putting it in though

• Member For: 19y 7m 24d
just finished putting the snorkel in. my god that hole was hard 2 cut. took it for a little drive, noticed the car responds a little better, but it could be a placebo. flutter is really loud now, I like^^.

don't have a dyno, will have 2 race my friends s15 to see if there's any difference.

If you gained anything at all it will be 1 or 2kw...

• Member For: 19y 3m 18d

I put one on my XRT on the weekend and it seems to be more responsive. The acid test will be in Summer. Like u said the only way to tell is on the Dyno. Next time it goes to KPM for a service I get them to check.

How much did u pay for it? - If any SA guys plan to do it, go to Motortraders, it was $20 cheaper than Ford direct.

Scotty

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 22d

im guessing 5-7kw's

• Member For: 19y 7m 24d

im guessing 5-7kw's

My car must be flawed or something then, as youd definetely feel 5 - 7kw gain.

I felt nothing in mine... apart from the back pocket handing out more cash at the fuel bowser..

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 22d

im guessing 5-7kw's

My car must be flawed or something then, as youd definetely feel 5 - 7kw gain.

I felt nothing in mine... apart from the back pocket handing out more cash at the fuel bowser..

hehe... I felt a sligt gain for sure.... someone said a while back that they gained 9kw's with the 2nd cai :msm: the dealer I spoke to said they have had gains up 10kw's :msm:

• Member For: 19y 6m 29d

I wondered the same thing when I did mine. I reckon the throttle reponse is a bit sharper, and the BOV noise is better. Maybe very little power difference - but what the heck - Id still do it again.

• XR68UZ
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 14d

cost me 50 bux off ebay. then I got the rubber joiner from bunnings 17 bux.just had a run with a friends car and difference between us has increased. both ba's his got fmic ive got the snorkel. Go the SSS!!! (his was 5spd in case u didn't pick that up)

• Member For: 20y 6m 6d

I too have got the xr8 snorkel, I didnt notice a hell of a lot of difference but it cant do any harm. IMO it would be hard to pick a 5-10 kw gain, mainly because there are so many other variables that could influence what you feel. But in saying that it would definetly be the first mod that I would do

Shane