Ford Racing Tacho Driver

RIC21T

• Member For: 18y 6m 9d

Hey guys

I want to put the F6 tachos on my xr6t. if I buy the " Ford Racing Tacho Driver" to suit a BA XR6 Turbo. will this Converts signal from factory loom to suit the bost and oil presure tacho’s. and is it had to wire them up?

Thank you :blink::blink:

• Team Grandpa
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m 23d

shoot me down in flames if I'm wrong, but you can only buy these gauges if you have a FPV Vin no and they are a separate unit for wiring.

• Team Grandpa
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m 23d

Not sure fella. I take it you mean the F6 gauges for the dash. Saw them on ebay for $425 which I thought was over the top + the actual gauges and wiring cost $$$ I'm sure someone can help you, pretty cluey lads on here....

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m
Hey guys

I want to put the F6 tachos on my xr6t. if i buy the " Ford Racing Tacho Driver" to suit a BA XR6 Turbo. will this Converts signal from factory loom to suit the bost and oil presure tacho’s. and is it had to wire them up?

Thank you  :spoton:  :spoton:

The xr6t's and f6's use a "can bus" (whatever the hell that is) to drive the tacho and dash gauges as far a i know the oil pressure and boost guages on an F6 are a standard electrical gauge.

The tacho driver WILL NOT help you at all. It's designed to take the Can Bus tacho signal from the ECM and convert it to a 5volt square wave signal that a normal aftermarket tacho (ie autometer)can read.

hope this help.... :spoton:

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 27d

If your just trying to hook up the FPV oil and boost pressure gauges there's some posts around here that will help.

Is that what your trying to do?

If so I'll see if I can dig them up. :spoton:

• Member For: 18y 11m 28d

The Ford racing tacho driver is for running an after market taking on a BA OR BF these 2 models don't have a tacho signal to plug in for a after market tacho.

If you use this tacho driver from Ford racing you can connect any after market tacho up to your ba or bf.

Part No: Ford Racing Tach driver 17361-A200

Herrod Sell them for $175, or you can buy them direct form Brisbane Ford racing distributor for $122.

I also have a 2 page word document on instructions if anyone is interested.

• Member For: 19y 3m 17d

There's an aussie made RPM module for our BA's available on eBay for $120.00 that has 2 pc/laptop user settable trigger points allowing a trigger for water spray or NOS and another trigger for a shift light etc.

I've had one for around 6 months now and they're great, well made by a name you would all know but I probably can't say it because of sponsor rules.

Just thought I'd get a plug in for the aussie unit!

• Member For: 19y 7m 25d
Dunno why you would want an after market tacho... the stock one is surely big enough :upsidedown:

Fuuullly siiik people need them..

Also gives you +25hp if you combine it with an aftermarket shift light.. and its orange.