I'm Obsessed! HELP

richdave

• SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 22y 7d

So this evening I'm sitting at home with the missus who is just about to drop the latest addition to the family. I get called out to work which takes about an hour so do I rush straight home afterwards? NO! I go cruising the local Ford dealers to see whats on the floor. Doncaster - Red turbo, Ringwood - White N/A.

Do I need help? :blink:

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 22y 6d

I went to pick my missus up from work yesterday.. I said do you want to go for lunch? or do something? she said yeh whatever we will do something.. You know what I ended up doing.. Drove straight to City Ford to see if they had a XR6 Turbo on the floor..

She wasn't impressed.... :lol:

• SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 22y 7d

Yeah know what you mean...I draged the little lady and 3y.o. to a few dealers a week or so ago...needless to say the dealers thought I ws just a tyre kicker with that sort of baggage! I'll use any excuse to check out the BA XR6 and try to spot a turbo. :)

Guest blackout
  • Guests

im obsessed too! I cant get enough of reading any information I can get about the new barra's. not particularly the falcons/fairmonts but more so the xr series and eventually the GT. cant wait until fpv puts everything gt on their site. that will be a good half hour or so that I wont regret. :lol: :lol: :lol:

and what better, I was happy to read the comparo of the SS Late model camira and the XR6turbo and happy to read that overall the xr6t came out winning. the downfall was that the xr6 was a tenth of a second slower, but that can be overcome by doing a few mods to your engine, and you'll be fast enough to say g'day to that evil clubby that now looks more uglier than evil.

kudos holden, we ford men need this! :ph34r:

Guest DZ.
  • Guests
and what better, I was happy to read the comparo of the SS Late model camira and the XR6turbo and happy to read that overall the xr6t came out winning. the downfall was that the xr6 was a tenth of a second slower

I think there's way too much emphasis on that tenth of a second. The difference is that close that it's going to come down to the drivers in the car and let's face it - on a windy road where I'm sure we love driving the XR6Turbo would leave the SS in its wake.

There's more to a good car than straight line speed - I think Ford understand this fairly well because they've put a lot of emphasis on making sure there's a good deal of torque at low RPM rather than outright power in all of their engines.

Guest blackout
  • Guests

yeah, for sure hey. and that as well, spend a few dollars on modding the engine a bit and you'll have the xr6t 10 cars in front of the ss anyway.

can't get enough of this, really. :lol: