Track Day

tsammons

• Member For: 18y 7m 16d

Guy's below is a track day I will be attending if anyone would like to come along I can send you some info it's a great day and you get your own timing transponder.

Wakefield Track Day

Hello All,

The next BD4’s Wakefield Track day is booked for Monday the 1st May 2006.

So now we need numbers. We are looking for around 30 cars & if we can’t get the numbers then the day will be cancelled. So don’t miss out.

Same as before we will have the use of the timing equipment to keep track of our times for the day as well.

Cost per vehicle is $175.00, Additional drivers are $80.00.

All money should be paid in full to us at BD4's no later then the 19th April 2006; otherwise you'll miss out.

No latecomers on the day. Sorry!

Wakefield Track Day

http://www.wakefieldpark.com.au/index.cfm?...718097776edoras

Guy's below is a track day I will be attending if anyone would like to come along I can send you some info it's a great day and you get your own timing transponder.

Wakefield Track Day

Hello All,

The next BD4’s Wakefield Track day is booked for Monday the 1st May 2006.

So now we need numbers. We are looking for around 30 cars & if we can’t get the numbers then the day will be cancelled. So don’t miss out. 

Same as before we will have the use of the timing equipment to keep track of our times for the day as well.

Cost per vehicle is $175.00, Additional drivers are $80.00.

All money should be paid in full to us at BD4's no later then the 19th April 2006; otherwise you'll miss out.

No latecomers on the day. Sorry!

Wakefield Track Day

http://www.wakefieldpark.com.au/index.cfm?...718097776edoras

Payment must be made by this wednesday 26/4/06

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 22y 12d

It's a bit steep, but I guess it's not that bad considering you need an ambulance, tow truck, etc.. there cause its a timed event.

If I had a bit more notice I would have been in :)

It's a bit steep, but I guess it's not that bad considering you need an ambulance, tow truck, etc.. there cause its a timed event.

If I had a bit more notice I would have been in :)

Will try and give more notice for the next event I only got told today as well!!!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 9d

Wakefield is not the right track for the XR's. Too tight and not enough staright bits to cool the car.

The standard brakes will fade to nothing within a few corners and expect to do some off-road driving.

The standard 4 bangers will ridicule the XR's around that track. Eastern Creek is much better!!!

• Member For: 20y 9m 26d

I have heard of more horrer stories from Eastern Creek. Wakefield is good because you are unlikely to hit walls etc. I have been there several times and it is a good fun track. Anyone can drive on a fast straights. Its the corners that test you.

Agreed about the brakes getting hot but just do many short sessions and you should be OK.

You probably would find the WRX doing better lap times, but they wont be able to overtake you, and you can get them on the straight, although they will be able to out brake you (if they dare).

I was not embarresed by other makes of cars (S2000, Skyline,Supra, WRX) when I was there but you would have to work hard to match the times quoted in Motor and Wheels on their test days there.

I have heard of more horrer stories from Eastern Creek. Wakefield is good because you are unlikely to hit walls etc. I have been there several times and it is a good fun track. Anyone can drive on a fast straights. Its the corners that test you.

Agreed about the brakes getting hot but just do many short sessions and you should be OK.

You probably would find the WRX doing better lap times, but they wont be able to overtake you, and you can get them on the straight, although they will be able to out brake you (if they dare).

I was not embarresed by other makes of cars (S2000, Skyline,Supra, WRX) when I was there but you would have to work hard to match the times quoted in Motor and Wheels on their test days there.

It a good format different classes and you only do shrt stints of about six laps the BD4 guy's call it a sprint day, Im also getting Bendix Ultimate pads all round which from experience in other cars will not fad anything like the standard pads.

• Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car
  • Member For: 21y 4m
Wakefield is not the right track for the XR's.  Too tight and not enough staright bits to cool the car. 

The standard brakes will fade to nothing within a few corners and expect to do some off-road driving.

The standard 4 bangers will ridicule the XR's around that track.  Eastern Creek is much better!!!

Totally agree :spoton:

• 2 weeks later...