Power Wire Thru Firewall ?

DaRKy

• Member For: 20y 4m 27d
In a manual when you drill holes in firewall be careful of hitting pipes and fingers with drill bit :S Not that id know nething about that  :blush:

I dont agree.

The best way is through the rubber grommet above the right kick panel and inside the right guard coming out near the headlight. This way no holes in firewall.

Do you have any photos of the grommet. I dont like the idea of drilling holes,

Thanx

No photos, sorry!

All I can say is it will all become apparent what needs to be done when the plastic cover on the underside of the drivers' side guard is removed.

Looking back towards the front door, there will be a wiring loom going into the cabin, in the kick panel location, via a large rubber grommet. You will have enough room on the side of the grommet to make a hole and pass your amp wire through. With the plastic cover still removed, secure the wire along the inside of the guard up to the hole inside the engine bay near the battery and right headlight.

Regards,

Arthur

• Member For: 21y 5m 30d

how about the guy who drilled a hole in the firewall to have the drill hit a major wiring harness chewing the harness and shorting a number of electrical bits. He didn't even disconect the bat. I think this was on a late model vehicle also.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 7d
In a manual when you drill holes in firewall be careful of hitting pipes and fingers with drill bit :S Not that id know nething about that  :spoton:

I dont agree.

The best way is through the rubber grommet above the right kick panel and inside the right guard coming out near the headlight. This way no holes in firewall.

Do you have any photos of the grommet. I dont like the idea of drilling holes,

Thanx

No photos, sorry!

All I can say is it will all become apparent what needs to be done when the plastic cover on the underside of the drivers' side guard is removed.

Looking back towards the front door, there will be a wiring loom going into the cabin, in the kick panel location, via a large rubber grommet. You will have enough room on the side of the grommet to make a hole and pass your amp wire through. With the plastic cover still removed, secure the wire along the inside of the guard up to the hole inside the engine bay near the battery and right headlight.

Regards,

Arthur

this is evactly what I did and once the drivers wheel is off and the plastic guard removed its v obvious what you gotta do..

ends up neat as in the engine bay too!

post-6824-1146368262_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2005 BA MK11 turbo
  • Member For: 18y 8m 25d
In a manual when you drill holes in firewall be careful of hitting pipes and fingers with drill bit :S Not that id know nething about that  :spoton:

I dont agree.

that's where maroochy car sound ran mine works a treat