Power Wire Thru Firewall ?

DaRKy

• Weird Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 26d
hey guys got a BA auto xr6t, wheres the best place to run power wire thru the firewall to install a amp, had a look today couldn't find anywhere

cheers

If its a girls car there should be a rubber grommet where the clutch......isnt. :stirthepot:

I'd go and have a look but my car is a manual.....and at the panel beaters. :spoton:

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 11m 19d

As he said, the clutch grommet.

http://doncro.dyndns.org/cb/howto.htm

Step 15 shows a pic of the grommet, but all the other steps will be useful to you as well.

Also, if you have premium sound there is already an amp in the boot, maybe rip that out and run the power from it.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 6d
I went through grommet on passenger side just above carpet. nice and easy, plus mine is manual so none on drivers side.

Do you have a pic of this grommet, I have a manual and I need to run a 4 gauge power cable to the boot.

Thanx

• Member For: 19y 1m 14d

No sorry no pics. But where the passengers right foot would be, just up above the end of carpet is where it is. Oval shape. big enough to run heaps of cables through.

• Gold Platinum Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 3d

In a manual when you drill holes in firewall be careful of hitting pipes and fingers with drill bit :S Not that id know nething about that :laughing:

• Member For: 20y 4m 27d
In a manual when you drill holes in firewall be careful of hitting pipes and fingers with drill bit :S Not that id know nething about that  :sleepystuff:

I dont agree.

The best way is through the rubber grommet above the right kick panel and inside the right guard coming out near the headlight. This way no holes in firewall.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 6d
In a manual when you drill holes in firewall be careful of hitting pipes and fingers with drill bit :S Not that id know nething about that  :laughing:

I dont agree.

The best way is through the rubber grommet above the right kick panel and inside the right guard coming out near the headlight. This way no holes in firewall.

Do you have any photos of the grommet. I dont like the idea of drilling holes,

Thanx