How Hard Can It Be

gotxr6t

• Member For: 19y 1m 14d

been a while since been on forum, came crawling back when I need help!!!!!!!!

Got gauges ages ago and today finally thought that it is about time to put them in. Guess what I hate auto elecy work!!!!!!!!!! After losing the t piece for about 45 mins, (many words yelled and tools throwen.) Finished in engine bay then proceded to start on inside. How the hell do the plugs for the icc come undone. I have tried for ages and ages I pushed I poked and now I have thumbs that hurt like hell. I had the instructions on icc removal and install, but I just cant get plug no 1 to some out. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

• Resident golf buggy drift champion
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 10d

I didnt remove the ICC just pulled the top loose a bit then fed the wires to the back of the TC plug for illum and the cigga lighter for power.

Dave

Thanks Darren but I have got those instructions already, it says where the wire clips are, but pushing on the lug and pulling down it just wont come out (stage 5 in instructions).

Sorry urslow but what does TC stand for?

Thanks for your input.

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 15d

TC=Traction Control button

You do not need to remove the ICC to put gauges in. You can feed any wires or hoses from the top down. If you feed from the right and guide the wire towards the back of the car, the wires will be come down behind the foglight switch.

I suggest you use some semi rigid wire chaser to get the hoses or wires to the top of the dash. I have a special wire chaser, but heavy gauge wire can do the same job.

Good luck

Dont have tc (ute). and I have already ran wires through the bung on the passenger side, thanks every one for you input, the joys shall continue tomorrow.

• Member For: 19y 6m 6d

I ran my lines through the firewall like you, and removed the side panels besdie the ICC and ran the wires up there up to the top - didnt need to move the ICC at all.

• My new toy
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 7d

Taped to the wires going to the power socket is the light wires if you have a cig lighter I use these for the lights in the gauges and as has been said the mpower from the power socket wiring.

Ian

• HgAg soldier
  • Member For: 21y 2m 17d

how hard is it to get power from the cig lighter, can you access it by just taking the side panels off? I'm going to install mine tomorrow and I need a 12v source for the oil pressure gauge. should I be buying 'special' wire for the engine bay so it doesnt melt? :censored:

Kaine