• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold Platinum Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 27d

VixenXRT your being sarcastic rite?

PozzE you hit the nail on the head!

...and I only spend $15 a week more or so by having a fuel guzzling car.. and I added that to my budget when I considered buying a T.

The real problem will be, when, in about 8 years all the oil runs out.

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 4d

that's right. The stuff aint going to be around forever. 8 years ah that's a bit soon.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m 29d
VixenXRT your being sarcastic rite?

PozzE you hit the nail on the head!

...and I only spend $15 a week more or so by having a fuel guzzling car.. and I added that to my budget when I considered buying a T.

ON NO :Imwifhim:

Are you a doomsday prophet or something :blink:

I dare not think the thought, the XR6T on 'alternative fuel' :msm:

• Member For: 20y 11m 17d

Be careful not to shoot yourself in the foot over fuel prices.

After all, fuel costs are only about 15-20% of overall running costs - depreciation is the big one.

So, if fuel prices go up and you decide to sell your T to save a few bucks on fuel, you will be selling your T into a soft market, which is soft precisely because of fuel prices. That is, in order to convince someone else to buy a not-so-economical car, you will have to drop the price (the market will do this for you) to make the trade-off for fuel consumption attractive.

This is the way to MAXIMISE your depreciation costs. What you finish up doing is accepting $3K less than normal for your T, then buying a more economical car in a strong market, thus paying $3K more than normal for it - a total cost of $6K - all for saving $10 per week. Crazy.

The other option is to buy a Corolla in the first place. I drove a new one for work the other day. Great car - Toyota reliability and resale, fuel efficient etc, etc. Trouble is, when it had 3 normal sized people on board it did not have the guts to accelerate at more than a crawl, was very hard to stop in a reasonable distance, and it certainly didn't like changing direction. This is dangerous and unattractive motoring to me. By contrast a T goes, stops and steers brilliantly. Horses for courses.

Edited by cro142

• Member For: 19y 5m 18d

I added 35000kms in 9 months of owning the T, as I use the ute for work.

at 120c/Litre and an average of 15L/100ks that's a total of 5250litres of fuel

that's a total of $6300 for 9 months of motoring, if it goes to $2.00 a litre that will change to $10500.

Q.where do you think im going to get the cash for this?

A.I will be passing the cost onto my customers

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 16d

Having moved back to Oz two years ago from having lived in europe for 6 years. I can say this:

Australia is truely the lucky country. Anybody doesn't believe it, go and find out for yourself.

Most countries in europe have much higher taxes. Not just income but when you look at the total. Such as mention before environmental, GST etc etc. Yes some countries actually use the money to provide for its people. But it comes down to this. You can do so much more with your money here than just about anywhere else in the world. And that is mainly on the large cost item such as cars, houses, swimming pool, boats etc. You just can't beat the dollar v's lifestyle that is available in Oz. I was paying AU$2.40 for 98RON and it cost twicethe insurance on a car that was one third the value of my T.

The biggest problem with rising fuel prices is that it does make everything else dearer too. That is why most things are so expensive in europe almost everything is transported by road.

Plus saying that we have to travel more in Oz isn't totally accurate either. Just because it is a big place does not mean you have to live far from work. I had to travel 160km each day to get to work and back. Because that is where work was available. Plus the cost of relocating is huge as there are no houses (too many people and no space) available and all asociated cost are huge aswell.

In Australia we have the opportunity to keep these things in check, as they will change. This because we haven't reached that stage yet and things will get harder because of availability of goods and peoples never ending hunger for everything.

Just my opinion. Australia provides you with the best option for a rewarding lifestyle... make the most of it. :buttonit:

Baz