Xr6 Turbo - Maintenance

Harpoon

• Member For: 18y 6m 5d

Hi

Just a basic question, could I get an understanding if basic XR6 Turbo Maintenance costs higher than normal XR6 for comparitive running.

I have heard (hearsay) that Turbo Maintence costs are much higher than normal XR6.. in comparitive running. :kissmy:

Is there a run in period required when pick the car up ?

Is there extra maintenance periods required for the XR6T compared to the basic Xr6 ?

How often is the Turbocharger required to be serviced ? Are these costs horrendous ?

Any comments ? :stirthepot:

Thanks

Harpoon

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 20d
Hi

Just a basic question, could I get an understanding if basic XR6 Turbo Maintenance costs higher than normal XR6 for comparitive running.

I have heard (hearsay) that Turbo Maintence costs are much higher than normal XR6.. in comparitive running.  :spoton:

Is there a run in period required when pick the car up ?

Is there extra maintenance periods required for the XR6T compared to the basic Xr6 ?

How often is the Turbocharger required to be serviced ? Are these costs horrendous ?

Any comments ?  :spoton:

Thanks

Harpoon

costs arent horrendous but are a little more expensive then an n/a. average service is around $250-$350. Service intervals are the same.

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 2d

Mines new and I just read the manuel which is for both N/A and T. Most things for the T require more time, and more expansive fluids so the costs will clearly be more. If you were comparing running costs between the XR6 and the XR8, you would expect more costs to run and service the XR8. Well it is the same for the T.

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 27d

There's no reason for it to cost the earth like some ford dealers are charging. I have experienced in excess of 400 bucks for a normal service, which I nearly choked when I heard that.

To keep costs down, I supply oil, filter and tell them not to worry about the air filter ( I have a BMC)

My last service was 110 plus brake system flush plus other extras I got. My service before that (45000km) was 95 bucks all up.

It really does pay to shop around, dont accept a price just cos it sounds like the norm. Have a good look at the service schedule first.

• Member For: 19y 7m 21d

I'm only paying $180 for services, but it really depend on the dealer, ask around for good dealers in your area, BTW if your coming to canberra frequently (I think it was yourself who mentioned heading to canberra a couple of times a week) look at getting your servicing done at Gregorys in Bradon, that's where I usually take my car...

• Gold Platinum Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 25d

There is a run in period. Most say make the car work dont baby it but at the same time dont hold revs for long periods and dont rev it out fully.

The main reason the T will cost more is in the fuel and the way you drive it. The service cost shouldn't be much different but there are pirates out there beware black crossbone flags.

• Like 1