• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 6d

maybe Geea can comment but didn`t he run the ethanol blend and it reacted with his octane booster putting his car off the road for a week.

I`m not willing to risk it yet would rather spend a few more dollars per tank to be safe.Also it has been stated by different people that you will get less milage compare to a preium fuel don`t know about srd though.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 18y 10m 15d

The stock Ford engine management computer can take advantage of premium fuel up to an octane rating of 95, so a 96 octane ethanol mix would be pretty good (to account for the variation in octane)

Preimum Fuel has a 'service life' of around 4 weeks from the day it is made before it starts to go 'off' and reduce it's octance (that's where the variation in octane can come from)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 30d
First off  :spit:

Wow, that's alot ok K's in the city each week, hope SWMBO can handle 300rwkw in the wet.

I have been using the United E10 on and off for 15000km, no probs, definatly goes better than either Caltex 98 or BP ultimate, and about 15c per L cheaper, so I am happy, I got acrap lot of BP this week, ping city, but some Nulon fixed that up, but generaly I use the E10 and all is good.

I have around 300rwkw Auto.

Who's tune were you running when it pinged on the crap fuel?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Member For: 19y 4m 13d

Sorry for the dumb question. But I thought I read somewhere on this forum that Gea added Nulon Octane booster to a tank of E10 and he ended up causing his fuel to go off and chunky....

Is this true or false.....

reason I ask is I use E10 and I would like to use Nulon in the tank when I hit the circuit to eliminate any pinging when I am pushing it to the limit for long periods...

Also has anyone tried NF octane booster.. if so what were your thought, How much does it cost and were can I get it from....

Thanks in advance for your help..

Jabba

• Member For: 18y 2m 28d

Not sure which state your in.

NF Race @ 1 to 1.5 mls per litre in 98 0ctnae fuel will give you 100 octane fuel if that's any help.

Cost is $30.00 per bottle.

At those rates a bottle will treat 200 to 300 litres of fuel.

• Mushroom
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 4m 11d

Hi Matt,

I'm not sure what the outcome of Craig's tests were.

I can tell you that I had run Optimax Extreme + booster in the XR6T without any prob's. I was worried too, as the box went with 3/4 tank of this mix and the car was sitting for 3 weeks just after Craig had his prob's (same scenario with Craig's) and I was worried that the same thing might happen to my car, but no prob's at all.

The only issue I had with the E10 was that I found that the car would not start first pop whilst running this fuel - wierd I know - but I tested it 4 times.

Run through 2 tanks of E10 - car had prob's starting first go. Back to BP Ultimate for a couple of tanks and would start first go again. Got me stuffed why, but was able to be repeated each time.

For booster, I have never tried NF. I've always used Nulon Pro strength.

Edited by sutty