• Member For: 18y 7m 5d

Hi All ,

I always run premium fuel in our BF turbo but due to the spiralling cost of it and my wife does about 7-800 k's a week city driving I was going to try the E-10 ethonol blend. All the tests I have read on this fuel say it is pretty damn good.I was after some thoughts from you learned folk here , at the moment the car is standard but will be upgraded to 300 kw or so in the next month. Your thoughts on the subjsct would be great.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 20y 9d

First off :crybaby:

Wow, that's alot ok K's in the city each week, hope SWMBO can handle 300rwkw in the wet.

I have been using the United E10 on and off for 15000km, no probs, definatly goes better than either Caltex 98 or BP ultimate, and about 15c per L cheaper, so I am happy, I got acrap lot of BP this week, ping city, but some Nulon fixed that up, but generaly I use the E10 and all is good.

I have around 300rwkw Auto.

• Member For: 19y 8d

Man we must have the "country hick" blend E10 then.

No matter which servo I go to, the E10 bowser always has a huge sticker saying what type of cars NOT to put E10 in. AND they're charging the same price as 91RON ULP!! :laughing:

I've actually said on many occasions (either to myself or anyone who would listen :laughing: ) that they should just make E10 cheaper if they wanted people to use it.

Ripped off, man. :nono:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 4m 27d
Man we must have the "country hick" blend E10 then.

No matter which servo I go to, the E10 bowser always has a huge sticker saying what type of cars NOT to put E10 in. AND they're charging the same price as 91RON ULP!!  :laughing:

I've actually said on many occasions (either to myself or anyone who would listen  :laughing: ) that they should just make E10 cheaper if they wanted people to use it.

Ripped off, man.  :nono:

E10 94 or 98 ?

ummm, ya got me there. I'm guessing 94, since we don't have any 98RON fuel in Mackay, as far as I'm aware. Lemme check it out and get back to you.

Ok couldn't find any octane rating at servos, BP website site says 93-94RON is typical.

...and I forgot to check the price. Although I do remember previously seeing E10 costing the same as 91RON ULP.

So I guess you're getting a few more octane points, but at what cost? BP also says "ethanol blends are affected by water", and that you may get less mileage than regular unleaded, despite the higher octane rating.

• Member For: 21y 5m 6d

Hi Guys

I've been using IFS fuels' E10 in both the new 'phoon and my old XR6T for as long as it's been available, probably 7-8 months now.

So far nothing but praise for this fuel, it goes like a scalded cat. We have two types avaiable, 96 octane and 98 octane. Either can be used in the T sucessfully ie no pinging etc. I can get as little as 13.9 lt/100km from this fuel with a mix of driving styles.

The lower grade is 2c/lt cheaper than regular unleaded (91) despite being a higher octane rating. The higher grade is usually 6-8c/lt dearer.

I did try the lower grade once when fuel prices first hit $1.20 lt but it lost noticable amounts of power, similar to having the A/C on and a car full of passengers, it just took the edge of it.

Try enquiring at your local independant servo, I'm pretty sure IFS has an outlet up there under a different name, but the same colours of dark blue with red and white trim, sort of in the shape of the sun.

I'm unable to buy ordinary premium at my usual servo any more. they said not enough people were buying it, so now it's E10 only if you want Premium fuel from them.

Give it a go if you can find some.

Cheers

Big AL

• Member For: 20y 2m 15d

I've been running the E10 (Boost 98) blend in both my modded XR6T and modded Galant VR4 for about 6 months now. Can't say I've noticed any real difference - apart from saving about 7c/L. Around here they charge 3c/L extra for it over standard 91 vs BP & Shell at least 10c/L more.

Also if you use Dodo (my MIL does) you can get a card that saves you another 2c/L - this might be United only though.

tony

• Member For: 19y 4m 13d

The E10 in mackay is just the regular unleaded. Though some say it brings the octane rating up to the equivalent of Premium Unleaded.

Personaly I wouldn't bother. Unless of course we get the Boost 98 etc... Not like that's going to happen anytime soon though.