A Question To Those Who...

Paradoxx

• Iconoclast
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 23d
I bet you went to the dealer too

that's an expensive upgrade :msm:

But if they knew how much I enjoy it they could have charged me double....

:thumbsup:

• TEAM BLUEPRINT
  • Member For: 21y 8m 15d

steve

like I was saying today. mine where spongy when I did mine, disks, pads and dot 4 fluid. then when I took it to ford with the noise they found a broken shim and now I have a solid pedal. best the brakes have ever worked. :spoton:

• Member For: 19y 9m 22d

Looks great - those front callipers look mean.

You've probably got some air in the ABS / master cylinder - hard to avoid this when changing brake hoses. Might need to get the experts to bleed it for you.

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 28d

Steve the PBRs look great :blink:

Keep bleeding them mate, that’s all I can say. Same thing happened to me when I changed all 4 rotors to slotted and put new pads on my old EL and then went to bleed the entire brake system. After bleeding it enough for clean fluid to start coming out the other end I thought I was done but I was wrong. I ended up bleeding 500ml of break fluid through each corned just make sure there was no air and in the end there was! After that the breaks had so much bite that I locked them a few times until I got used to the new rotors and soft pads! :blink:

I will never forget the moment I put them on and took the car for a drive. I was told to bed them in by doing about 5 60-0kmh easy stops and then let them cool then do it from 100-0kmh and hit them hard. Being a smarta$$ I wound her up to 120 and hit the breaks hard and yes they pulled up great but I though my car cough fire. The front rotors being vented were all covered in oil (on the inside). The brakes must have got that hot, the oil started to burn. So you could image the look on my face and other onlookers as my car was doing 100kmh with a cloud of smoke from the 2 front wheels. :blink:

PS Don't do what I did haha :blink:

Edited by XtRmn8