Blew The Auto At 33k's

turtle33

• The 'nice guy'
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 5m 13d
Turtle,

I would get a solicitor to draft up a letter demanding action and giving them 7 days to provide either a fixed gearbox or a report saying that flogging the car caused the problem with proof attached. HAving them delay you is unacceptable, if they are makign assumptions, I suggest you contact consumer affairs or the NRMA legal department.

I am astounded that MOFOCO are basing their whole argument of this forum.  I am sure this would not hold any water in any legal argument

The best post.

You are correct.

This won't cost a lot and will immediately make them suspect, or realise they are in for a fight that they will not win.

Just reading this thread makes me angry. Time for :yikes:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The 'nice guy'
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 5m 13d

Disagree.

But if someone can quote the legislation?

I signed the Secrecy of Communications Act donkey's years ago. There have been changes, but unless I've fallen behind they cannot record your call.

BTW - even if they SAY they are, they aren't. And even if they WERE they could never use it in court.........

......which brings us back to that member (sorry, forgot the name) who correctly said "get a solicitor to write to them".

Sounds like a big deal and expensive = is very easy and not expensive. Do it, take the bullS*IT by the horns. :yikes:

• Member For: 18y 7m
my brother inlaw is a barrister so costs me nothing, we are waiting for the report from kewish then it will be sent.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good an ya mate, get up em. If that auto should'nt be used to tow with or cart heavy loads or drive hard with, well its their duty of care to inform the customer I would think, after all they put that other slot in there!!!