Blew The Auto At 33k's

turtle33

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 19d

What I find inexcusable is the fact that you have been up front and willing to pay if the issue can be proven to be your fault. The lack of engineering reports or, anythng in writing for that matter, appears to be standard operating procedure for these pr1cks.

Document everything and Good luck mate!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 24d
as I have said to ford, I dont know if its my fault or just a plain failure of the box, give me the correct info so both myself and ford can make the correct call.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would have thought that the car still being in warranty wouldn't matter if its your fault, unless you modded..

like the 5th gear syncro in my manual. WBT56 said they only break if you skip gears, so me or the previous owner has skipped gears into 5th and it broke. they still repaired it under warranty.

plus they have the 3k limiter so youcant dump it into D..

hope they do come and play so you can get it sorted mate.

good luck

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 23d

And just how do ford and ion know that the car mentioned in this thread is "yours" i dont see your vin published here anywhere....

and im sure that when u tell us all that you flog your car that your just trying to be one of the boys and make us think your cool.... :stirthepot:

how the hell can they deny you a claim based upon a thread in a forum that may or may not be based upon fact?

did u sign anything stating that everything you posted on here was based upon fact and 100% truthful....i really cant see how anything published on here could be used to deny anything is this a legal document? how easy would it be for a mod to make this whole thread disappear?

what good is there quote of you "flogging" the car. can ford give u a definative description of what "flogging" a performance car is?

this sort of sh*t really grinds my gears.....especially as you have stated from the start that you'l pay if the failure is a direct result of your mods...

ford xr6t turbo....great car sh*thouse car company....

• Member For: 18y 9m 20d
If they have an issue with driving these auto's hard, then why the f**k did they put that other slot in the consol for then. Is'nt that for driving the bloody thing hard?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A damn fine point that one!

• Member For: 19y 6m 23d

600 odd kg's in the tray and a 1600kg trailer will put more load on the box than a 300rwkw empty yoot ever will, this is me every day. But they arn't interested in that only interested in the cooler and wide wheels. Still will be interesting when I get the report though.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 19d
600 odd kg's in the tray and a 1600kg trailer will put more load on the box than a 300rwkw empty yoot ever will, this is me every day. But they arn't interested in that only interested in the cooler and wide wheels. Still will be interesting when I get the report though.

Or, only interested in not paying and the cooler and wheels are what theey are hanging their hat on.....

• Member For: 19y 1m 11d

I had a similair fight with Expensive Daewoo back in the old days when I had an Auto VU SS ute. I destroyed 3 gearboxes. They all lost 2nd gear and in the end it was due to being manually shifted causing the box to heat up to much. I got the 1st 2 without issue but the 3rd they tried to fight me on it and I used the same arguement.. it is marketed as a performance car.. I have the option to manually shift it.. therefore I WILL use the car how it is advertised etc. Sure enough I got the box replaced.

Then I traded it in for a manual :D