Blew The Auto At 33k's

turtle33

• Member For: 19y 6m 23d
having been in your ute tony it stuffs me how it broke u drive it so sedately, or did you get some idea's from my effort.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my wife drove it for the second time the night before and I was only at snails pace reversing out of the drive way. So she has copped the blame thus far (were married so threats of no sex fall on deaf ears so I can say what I want) :spoton:

I have heard of ppl smashing the planetaries at huge hp , but at idle and between reverse and drive (wasn't even a roll back) this is a first. Ion say they still havent recieved the box so the car could be some weeks away yet. Not happy jan.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest newl
  • Guests
[my wife drove it for the second time the night before and I was only at snails pace reversing out of the drive way. So she has copped the blame thus far (were married so threats of no sex fall on deaf ears so I can say what I want) :blush:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you were married, you're right, you can say what you want. :stirthepot::sofa:

Still off the road Tony?

That sucks.  You'll have to take the Porche to work...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Would love to but the compressor wont fit in the thing :laughing: as of 3.30 today, ion HAVENT recieved the box that left brisbane early pm wensday last week (WTF) so I will be on the phone tomorrow morning to chase it up again. :glad: If its much longer I will buy a sh*tter to get me thru.

• Woooooooosh
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 8d
the dealer guys have actually been quite good, it seems to be ford hq and the box maufacturer. The box manufacturer (ion) wanted to knock back the claim on the grounds that its lowered and non std wheels, the dealer said no way, the suspension and the wheels in no way effect the box, but ion said bigger tyres cause more strain on the box etc. The dealer just laughed and said to ion that the tyres are the same size as offered by ford. The techs in bris did a report stating that it was some kind of bearing failure and has resulted in the boxed being stuffed (and coverter because of swarf). Ion now wants the box shipped to sydney for inspection. As of 3 weeks ago ion have now requested that all damaged boxes be shipped to sydney for a looky see. (confirmed by 2 different dealers). So look out if any one else blows up a box. I got quoted $9800.00 for the box and converter + fitting. :blink:  13ford just quoted the company policy etc so no joy ther either.

What a disgrace :tease::laughing:

well got the news back today from ford and as I thought, the pencil necks at ion knocked back the claim. They say the box failed under pressure (wtf) The guy who rang me from the dealer really had no idea of what was wrong only that they knocked it back BASED UPON THIS fORUM. He said ion had read this forum and said that because I stated in this thread that I flog the guts out of the car no warrantee will be reconised. He quoted what I have previously written so there is no deniging they do read the forums. He said ford moniters all the performance forums in australia and keep lists of ppl that they identify. I asked again what failed in the box? he said he didnt know but it was because I flog it. I told him to send the box to kewish autos for a rebuild and an independant report on what had failed. He said no we cant send it to them. Mate if im paying for it you will send the f*cking thing to south africa if I want. He then said I have a $650 + bill to remove the box and dismantle it. Na mate I never asked u to remove it and dismantle it and send it ion, they requested that so those *beep* can pay for that. I want a full engineering report signed by the cockhat at ion (prob the same wa*ker who thought it was because it was lowered) and if the report from kewish says it aint my fault then u, me and cockhat will be in court. If its my fault then I will cop it sweet ( as I have said all along) So be warned pencil necks from ford and suppliers read these forums and research who u are. Im still yet to find out who supplied ion with my details as this is a possible breach of privacy and I will be talking to my brother inlaw (a barrister)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 14d
well got the news back today from ford and as I thought, the pencil necks at ion knocked back the claim. They say the box failed under pressure (wtf) The guy who rang me from the dealer really had no idea of what was wrong only that they knocked it back BASED UPON THIS fORUM. He said ion had read this forum and said that because I stated in this thread that I flog the guts out of the car no warrantee will be reconised. He quoted what I have previously written so there is no deniging they do read the forums. He said ford moniters all the performance forums in australia and keep lists of ppl that they identify. I asked again what failed in the box? he said he didnt know but it was because I flog it. I told him to send the box to kewish autos for a rebuild and an independant report on what had failed. He said no we cant send it to them. Mate if im paying for it you will send the f*cking thing to south africa if I want. He then said I have a $650 + bill to remove the box and dismantle it. Na mate I never asked u to remove it and dismantle it and send it ion, they requested that so those *beep* can pay for that. I want a full engineering report signed by the cockhat at ion (prob the same wa*ker who thought it was because it was lowered) and if the report from kewish says it aint my fault then u, me and cockhat will be in court. If its my fault then I will cop it sweet ( as I have said all along) So be warned pencil necks from ford and suppliers read these forums and research who u are. Im still yet to find out who supplied ion with my details as this is a possible breach of privacy and I will be talking to my brother inlaw (a barrister)

low life motherfukcers!! good luck with it all.... I think they dont know who they they have pissed off!!!I wouldnt want to get on your bad side mate!!! FORD (ion) :spoton:

• Phantom lives
  • Member For: 20y 4m 25d

best option indeed mate all the best and FORD can just buck off, they sell good cars just cant warranty them for sh*t the disgracefull buckheads....

all they have to do is prove or even explain to me what has happened but no they pull this sh*t. I have never said I wont pay for it if its my fault, I even offered on day one. I bet they wont supply the engineers report. Talked to my bro inlaw, he said to get a bit more info, but ford are definatly NOT allowed to supply your personal details to anyone without your consent. another thing the ford guy said, "u prob broke it the night before and it failed 1st thing in the morn. Bloody wife, I knew she broke it. :spoton:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1d

Get a report detailing the EXACT faults from ION signed and dated.

Photograph and doucument the box BEFORE doing any work to it. As you inlaw would have advised documentation is everything.

ION will only pay what it has to, you just need to make a good case, which I think you already have.

ION TAKE NOTE !!!

Edited by O2STOCK