Mobil 1?

SOON2BXR6T

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m 29d
Regular oil changes I think is the key to long engine life mine is each 5000K Oil is still clean at this stage

Quite right, much better for your engine to change your oil every, say, 7,500kms with a cheaper brand than to change it every 15,000kms with a top shelf brand. And for the price of Mobil 1's 0W-40 you can buy a lot of other (still very decent) oil! :spoton:

• Iconoclast
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5d
If you use the lubricant recommendation tool on the Mobil website, they specify either the 0W-40 or 5W-50 Mobil 1 variants for the XR6T.  And yes, refill capacity is a whopping 7 litres.  :spoton:

Like I said Mobil 1 = Mobil 1

• Member For: 19y 4m 19d
does anyone use shell helix synthetic.I used in BA but have only done 4000 in BF & not fussed if I use Mobil 1 or Shell Helix. What are everyones thoughts.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you are in hotter climates or regularly work your T hard then use either a 10W-50 or 15W-50 oil. In extreme cases perhaps even 10W-60.

If you are in cooler climates or use a less intensive driving style then look for a 0W-40, 5W-40, 10W-40 or 15W-40.

Look for the latest API rating of SM/CF.

In my opinion, whether these oils are Shell, Mobil or Castrol etc it doesn't really matter. If you are feeling patriotic then get a Penrite or Nulon oil. They are Australian made and owned.

Muz