Mobil 1?

SOON2BXR6T

• Member For: 21y 3m 24d

Hi guys, I'm sure its been discussed a million times before.... Tried searching with mixed results so...

My T is booked in for its 60000 next week. It's only ever had whatever oil ford service put in and that's never worried me cos I dont keep cars much over 2 years. When I booked it in price was $250 odd with "normal" mobil or $360 with Mobil One.

A mate is now gonna buy my car and he works for Repco so I thought I'd get the oil through him.

So: If I get Mobil One, which viscosity should I get? How many litres do I need (Book say capacity is 7ltrs?)? Does it really cost $110 more than the non-synthetic stuff??

Thanks in advance.

SOONNOT2BXR6T. (Maybe 6 MPS.....)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 19y 8m 16d
Hi guys, I'm sure its been discussed a million times before.... Tried searching with mixed results so...

My T is booked in for its 60000 next week.  It's only ever had whatever oil ford service put in and that's never worried me cos I dont keep cars much over 2 years.  When I booked it in price was $250 odd with "normal" mobil or $360 with Mobil One.

A mate is now gonna buy my car and he works for Repco so I thought I'd get the oil through him.

So:  If I get Mobil One, which viscosity should I get?  How many litres do I need (Book say capacity is 7ltrs?)?  Does it really cost $110 more than the non-synthetic stuff??

Thanks in advance.

SOONNOT2BXR6T.  (Maybe 6 MPS.....)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are various viscosity level of mobile 1 and there is also mobile 1 extended performance. not sure which is the best though. but here is some info.

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Oils/Oils.aspx

Scott

• Member For: 20y 10m 4d
Mobil 1 - Is just that

Mobil 1 (there is only 1)

I ran it exclusively in the T and now in the Phoon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What are you talking about dude?

There are several different viscosity ratings for mobil 1 available. Although some are harder to find in stores than others.

0W-40

10W-30

5W-50

15W-50

http://www.mobil.com/Australia-English/LCW...ces/Mobil_1.asp

• Member For: 21y 3m 24d
So:  If I get Mobil One, which viscosity should I get?  How many litres do I need (Book say capacity is 7ltrs?)?  Does it really cost $110 more than the non-synthetic stuff??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the replies guys.

Does anyone know the answers to my questions. Book says to use 15w-40. So would I go for the 15w-50?

• Member For: 18y 9m 27d

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the replies guys.

Does anyone know the answers to my questions. Book says to use 15w-40. So would I go for the 15w-50?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The first number is the oil vilosity cold so the lower the number the better it will flow to the top at startup(so 0w is better then 15w) and the second numer is the oils vilosity at opperating temp so the higher the better(but not to high as it wont flow through your oil jornals as good as a lower grade I.e. a 70 grade will be better for your older engines that are claped out ) I use on both my cars the Mobil 1 0w-50. my misses car is a 01 ts astra with dohc it done 110,000 and when you remove the oil filler cap a few cam lobes are visable and they still look as good as the day we brought it new(and it gets a flogging to) So its difently with the extra bucks

• Iconoclast
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5d
Mobil 1 - Is just that

Mobil 1 (there is only 1)

I ran it exclusively in the T and now in the Phoon.

What are you talking about dude?

There are several different viscosity ratings for mobil 1 available. Although some are harder to find in stores than others.

0W-40

10W-30

5W-50

15W-50

http://www.mobil.com/Australia-English/LCW...ces/Mobil_1.asp

Duuuude...............

Mobil 1

Run it in your car and you will be OK....

Do you get it yet????

Ask Mobil for the Data sheets and you will see there is absolutely no difference between the products you mention....

Mobil 1 is the same product no matter how they package it.... Just make sure you change it every 8000 max. and do not push your car in above 35 degree air temp....

Oils are oils......