Ase Intercooler

JimmyXR6T04

• Member For: 19y 3m
Simon,

this is the cooler I am thinking about for my car (ASE bar and plate) Do you think its good value?? Are you using it on one of your cars?? Or another customers? let me know what you think of it, and how it performs, as I said last night mate, im in no real rush to get all this done, so I wanna make the right decisions.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jimmy,

I think which ever one you end up getting you will be happy with! There will always be ppl with negative attitudes!!! Have heard many excellent results with the ASE coolers, then you get 1 that complains I goes with the saying "YOU F@#K ONE GOAT!". It can ruin a good rep like that!

I personally don't have one, but would have bought one if I didn't already have a PWR.

Just do it! it's all really much of a muchness! ppl's opinions!!!

Of course Simon and a lot of the others actually know what they are talking about!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 11d
ASE Intercooler is Tube and Fin core by ADRAD

I just got one of them martin and its a bar and plate.

If you read the first post you will see they do both types :laughing:

I know :sick:

• Member For: 18y 8m 17d

hi jimmy, out of interest sakes I know of some good results from the wog cooler and they are good value. If you go into repco or autobarn you will find the same intercooler under Monza brand or Autotechnica. Yes they are imported from china then what isnt these days. The price is $499 from autobarn and it requires no cutting for intallation I am about to intall one of these on my phaze II and will get back to u with the results

• Member For: 20y 11m 1d

Ok people I had dave from ASE do me a custom cooler just before xmas.

Core size - 450x450x75

Biggest possable able to fit WITHOUT having to grind anything, we deleted the inlet pipe crossing over the top of the cooler allowing more height.All that is required to fit is drilling a new mounting hole,relocate the horn,relocate the tranny cooler and a small bend in the a/c pipe.

Obviously we built a new cooler pipe from the turbo to the cooler as well.

I think Dave is going to sell these as a complete kit as well, you would need to check with him.

Pictures taken before the cooler was polished*

post-2753-1139891727_thumb.jpg

post-2753-1139891748_thumb.jpg

post-2753-1139892051_thumb.jpg

• Member For: 19y 3m 29d

looks good Leon! but obviously then the piping will be custom and different. How hard is it to do the piping?? I would prefer a straight bolt on... but if no grinding is involved! Is it a bar and plate?? or can you get either? Price roughly??