Ase Intercooler

JimmyXR6T04

• Member For: 19y 3m 29d

Just got an email back from ASE saying they do the xr6t intercooler in bar and plate as well as tube and fin. Just wondering if any forum members have opted for the bar and plate?? Its $850, and currently in stock.

Its core dimensions are slightly bigger then the tube and fin, being 450-300-90 and the tube and fin 450-285-73 (off memory) or there abouts.

For the guys who installed tube and fin, were there any dramas with installation? and do you think the bar and plate will be any harder to fit??

Cheers!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 20y 1m 11d

DO NOT BUY if the end tanks are fatter than 82mm trust me!! you will have to grind away half your f'ing car to make it fit. my end tanks are 92mm.

the core itself is 75mm which is fine, its just the stupid design of them tanks that ruin the whole thing. other than that, build quality is great.

• Member For: 19y 3m 29d

cheers for that, so I take it that the core and end tanks will more then likely be the same size?? I notice that the tube and fin is only 73, so maybe this will be the way to go... although I think I'd prefer a bar and plate intercooler. I might have to make a phone call and just find out for sure what the go is. Don't particularly want to grind the car away. In saying that, if I grind, and then return the car to stock at a later date, can the grinding be seen once the stock cooler is on?? How deep did you have to grind?? and was it a touch job??

Thanks Trough

• TRAITOR
  • Member For: 22y
are they good quality??

*cough* Chinese *cough*

Sorry, getting a cold. :tease:

Trough has had some issues with his cooler, which has left him a little sour.

Me on the other hand have nothing but good things to say about it.

Yes, there is a need to grind. BUT, have a look at the instructions and move it roughly an inch further to the passenger side. Less grinding to do. Just need to drill new mounting holes. And if drilling a holes is a concern to anyone, get it fitted by your tuner.

I had to grind no more than 10mm into the front crossmember. No biggy.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 18d
are they good quality??

*cough* Chinese *cough*

Sorry, getting a cold. :tease:

Trough has had some issues with his cooler, which has left him a little sour.

Yes, there is a need to grind. BUT, have a look at the instructions and move it roughly an inch further to the passenger side. Less grinding to do. Just need to drill new mounting holes. And if drilling a holes is a concern to anyone, get it fitted by your tuner.

cough, I have one, cough.

thay are extremely good, cost effective and easy to fit!!!

no matter what some say!!

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 23d
Trough has had some issues with his (ASE) cooler, which has left him a little sour.

Would it be possible to move in far enough to the center to avoid grinding all together?

• Member For: 20y 1m 11d

Trough has had some issues with his (ASE) cooler, which has left him a little sour.

Would it be possible to move in far enough to the center to avoid grinding all together?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no not unless u cut and re-do the aircon lines.

and no the end tanks arent the same width as the core, if they were it would be a perfect fit but the tanks are about 20mm thicker than the core and this is the reason for cutting.

exaresix, any griding of the car is ILLEGAL. yes ive done it, nor do I care. but if I have a crash in future and the insurance man see's it I definately will kick myself for doing it when he refuses the claim on my 30+G car.

and the COUGH cheap COUGH wog cooler, lost 1kw on back to back dyno runs. where as my ase cooler lost upto 23rwkw!! stick that in your pipe and smoke it.