Valve Spring Install

jordak

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 11d

Jordak, supply and fit springs 850.00 done by a ford dealer for me, they have done 3 for me now :blink: , That comes with choice of nizpro for hardcore or F6, upto the customer.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 19y 3m
Jordak, supply and fit springs 850.00 done by a ford dealer for me, they have done 3 for me now  :laughing: , That comes with choice of nizpro for hardcore or F6, upto the customer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got one of the ford service reps to get me a quote for GT springs fit & supply, He rang me and said $450 :sick: almost fell of my seat! I'll have to get it in writting!

• Member For: 20y 11m 1d

:smilielol:

I got one of the ford service reps to get me a quote for GT springs fit & supply, He rang me and said $450 :laughing: almost fell of my seat! I'll have to get it in writting!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whereabouts boosted?

sh*t at that price im in..... :laughing:

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members
Jordak, supply and fit springs 850.00 done by a ford dealer for me, they have done 3 for me now  :laughing: , That comes with choice of nizpro for hardcore or F6, upto the customer.

I got one of the ford service reps to get me a quote for GT springs fit & supply, He rang me and said $450 :laughing: almost fell of my seat! I'll have to get it in writting!

u dont want to use the gt springs or the xr8, from what ive seen they are almost on coil bind.

• Member For: 19y 3m

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

u dont want to use the gt springs or the xr8, from what ive seen they are almost on coil bind.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe that's why they don't bounce! :laughing:

Why would ford fit them if they're no good? I dont understand :laughing:

I thought there was a stack of ppl using them?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 15d

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I've seen a couple of 6500rpm rev's in my car with the GT valve springs, and my car still runs a treat. Best valve springs available imo.

I think the coil bind with the GT or XR8 springs is a fallacy, and Ford wouldn't supply, install and offer warranty on the parts/worksmanship if it didn't work.

You sure the cylinder head was setup properly?

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 23d

I think your missing the point.

In the XR8 and GT's the springs are fine but it's a different story once there put on the XR6T head.

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members

Well, I've seen a couple of 6500rpm rev's in my car with the GT valve springs, and my car still runs a treat. Best valve springs available imo.

I think the coil bind with the GT or XR8 springs is a fallacy, and Ford wouldn't supply, install and offer warranty on the parts/worksmanship if it didn't work.

You sure the cylinder head was setup properly?

hey jas, yer mate I used to docylinder head work for a living, it only had .020 off coil bind. Installed heights will change how ever on different heads

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 15d
I think your missing the point.

In the XR8 and GT's the springs are fine but it's a different story once there put on the XR6T head.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, I'm not missing the point at all. Ford are fitting the GT springs to the XR6T head as part of a valve spring upgrade at customers request.

My point is, Ford are doing it and covering parts and labour under warranty. Therefore, I don't care about coil bind or any related issue to valve springs. It's their part, and their issue if something happens.

I'd highly recommend people who are in the market for upgraded valve springs to see your local Ford dealer.

Edited by M6 XR6T