Annoying Problem!

pumped81

• Member For: 20y 2m 14d

What is the difference in gap between the typhoon & Mk1 Xr6 turbo???

Bear in mind the XR6 Turbo is designed by Ford to run 240KW/450NM, like a few other things like IC, Valve Springs etc. they haven't engineered to go dramatically past their spec!

Also what's the new off the shelf cost of a Nissan GTR compared to a XR6 Turbo???

Also what gap are they using in the GTR with the upgraded coils???

Edited by thebrunks

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sequential ignition has nothing at all to do with the problem nor does multi coil. Plug gap is plug gap & to big a gap is the problem. The more boost the closer the gap will have to be. Simple!

Russ......Vik, get your tongue out of Tunas ass!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately you are quite incorrect yet again. Sequential firing of a multi-coil setup gives each coil a much larger saturation time at high rpm to store the charge required to arc over the spark plug gap. Consider how much charge saturation time a single coil that fires all six cylinders has compared to a dedicated coil for each spark plug, then understand my statement, which is technically 100% correct. :spit:

The only time the gap has to be closed is when the coil doesnt have enough output or 'arc over' voltage to jump the plug gap, as is sometimes the case when raising the boost on the XR6 Turbo. :fool:

I dont understand how abusing Vik is going to improve your understanding of the physics involved in a modern ignition system, but if it makes you feel good, then it cant be all bad :nono:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good concise answer there Martin,gee I wish all tunas were as clever as you

Poor little brunks :kissmy: Lucky for you Martin is kind enough not to laugh at you ,but with you on your limited of the workings of the mighty T

I'm glad of your kind heart Martin,helping this swill out

vik..."Martin,what a guy" (I think he may have bitten off more than he can chew)

• Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 9d

...for some strange reason I feel compelled to agree with The_Brunks re:Vik... :spit::fool::kissmy:

It's for a good cause at least...

Lumpy :nono:

• Member For: 19y 11m 17d
How long have you had your Flash Tuner pumped81? Just trying to work out what revision tune you MAY have in it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I purchased the Flash Tuner in September last year.

If you guys want a sword fight go to a public urinal...who knows, you might find a toilet biscuit looking for some bigger injectors there!

Pumped, there are newer, and very good generic tunes now, send your box back to CAPA and get the latest and greatest loaded in. You wont regret it :)

• Member For: 20y 2m 14d

Well what gap do the typhoons runs standard????

& what plug gap did the GTR have???

I still can't see the problem being Ford, the more I think about it, no one has had to replace the ignition to gain 400kw!

Russ

• Member For: 19y 11m 17d

Thanks Street Tuner, its nice to know that I can get some help from someone on this post...

Do you suggest that I have the plugs re-gapped when I get the new generic tunes loaded?

Yeah Pumped, close your spark plug gaps down to 0.9mm and load the latest revision tunes and the car should be really sweet. Glad to be of assistance

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just love your work Martin :bump:

vik...unlike Some around here :bump::bump::bump: