• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Team Grandpa
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m

Well done Sutty, great power out of the underbonnet bling machine. :blink:

Got some pics for your collection, sorry about the quality.

Its an honour to have the quickest street driven BA in Queenland on my computer :spoton:

post-8623-1149391243_thumb.jpg

post-8623-1149391442_thumb.jpg

post-8623-1149391654_thumb.jpg

Edited by SHOCKXR6T

• Mushroom
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 4m 15d
Well done Sutty, great power out of the underbonnet bling machine. :blink:

Got some pics for your collection, sorry about the quality.

Its an honour to have the quickest street driven BA in Queenland on my computer :spoton:

Cheers mate. :spoton:

Alistair from FIST said he got the run on video, so I'll try and get a hold of it and post it up.

• Mushroom
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 4m 15d
Congrats Phil for your time.You would have to be the fastest private XR in QLD :spoton:

Thanks mate. :spoton:

It was an eventful night (apart from the all the farken waiting around - 2 runs in 5 hours - but at least I got 2 in - a few blokes only got 1 :pooh: )

Firstly ran the 11.43@119.5 - happy as a pig in sh!t about that.

I managed to get back to the staging lanes for a third run and was the last car to run on the night - got to the start line - bloke taps on the window and tells me I'm dropping water.

Backed the car up and pop the bonnet - had about a 1inch split in one of the hoses near the drivers side firewall :gooff:

No tools of course and most people had headed home (this is about 10:45pm). Thankfully a Security bloke helped me out with a torch and a screw driver and Al (cooltint) was still hanging around and had some blades in his glovebox. Cut about 2" from the end of the hose and had enough left to refit. So I fill the reservoir up with water and off I go.

Stop at the servo to put some air back into the tyres - sitting waiting for another bloke to finish with the air hose and this girl backs into me. I saw her coming and thought "She's not gonna stop!" so I jumped on the horn - good 3 seconds or so before she finally stops - after collecting my bumper - then she drives off, but stops on the other side of the servo. But guess what - the plastic bumpers are actually good for something - no damage.

Anyone remember the other thread about "Jinxed and Blessed". It's happened again! Some good, some bad, but all good in the end really. I think I'm a pretty lucky b@stard really. :blink:

Oh, forgot to mention that when I finally got to the air hose it was leaking - clamp was loose, so had to fix it too before I could put air in the tyres :fool:

• Team Grandpa
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m
Congrats Phil for your time.You would have to be the fastest private XR in QLD :spoton:

Thanks mate. :spoton:

It was an eventful night (apart from the all the farken waiting around - 2 runs in 5 hours - but at least I got 2 in - a few blokes only got 1 :gooff: )

I managed to get back to the staging lanes for a third run and was the last car to run on the night - got to the start line - bloke taps on the window and tells me I'm dropping water.

Backed the car up and pop the bonnet - had about a 1inch split in one of the hoses near the drivers side firewall :gooff:

No tools of course and most people had headed home (this is about 10:45pm). Thankfully a Security bloke helped me out with a torch and a screw driver and Al (cooltint) was still hanging around and had some blades in his glovebox. Cut about 2" from the end of the hose and had enough left to refit. So I fill the reservoir up with water and off I go.

Stop at the servo to put some air back into the tyres - sitting waiting for another bloke to finish with the air hose and this girl backs into me. I saw her coming and thought "She's not gonna stop!" so I jumped on the horn - good 3 seconds or so before she finally stops - after collecting my bumper - then she drives off, but stops on the other side of the servo. But guess what - the plastic bumpers are actually good for something - no damage.

Anyone remember the other thread about "Jinxed and Blessed". It's happened again! Some good, some bad, but all good in the end really. I think I'm a pretty lucky b@stard really. :blink:

Oh, forgot to mention that when I finally got to the air hose it was leaking - clamp was loose, so had to fix it too before I could put air in the tyres :pooh:

Deserves a free tank of fuel I reckon :fool:

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 5d
Congrats Phil for your time.You would have to be the fastest private XR in QLD :fool:

Thanks mate. :fool:

It was an eventful night (apart from the all the farken waiting around - 2 runs in 5 hours - but at least I got 2 in - a few blokes only got 1 :gooff: )

Anyone remember the other thread about "Jinxed and Blessed". It's happened again! Some good, some bad, but all good in the end really. I think I'm a pretty lucky b@stard really. :fool:

Oh, forgot to mention that when I finally got to the air hose it was leaking - clamp was loose, so had to fix it too before I could put air in the tyres :fool:

So you had a good night Phil....is that what you're trying to say? Must have been the day for it, had someone do some rearranging to the tailgate on the ute yesterday that didn't realise all the traffic in front of him was stopped :fool:

Congrats to you other freaks as well :tease:

• Member For: 20y 5m 13d
Congrats Phil for your time.You would have to be the fastest private XR in QLD :laughing:

Thanks mate. :spit:

It was an eventful night (apart from the all the farken waiting around - 2 runs in 5 hours - but at least I got 2 in - a few blokes only got 1 :blink: )

Backed the car up and pop the bonnet - had about a 1inch split in one of the hoses near the drivers side firewall :blink:

Anyone remember the other thread about "Jinxed and Blessed". It's happened again! Some good, some bad, but all good in the end really. I think I'm a pretty lucky b@stard really. :spit:

Oh, forgot to mention that when I finally got to the air hose it was leaking - clamp was loose, so had to fix it too before I could put air in the tyres :blink:

sh*t mate, you did have an eventful night!...and congrats on your pb....that's moving!

I must have used the same air hose as you did because it leaked like a sieve!

Shane

• Member For: 21y 5m 11d

The cooler weather certainly helps. I had a new PB with a 13.06 @ 107.48mph (13deg ambient temp) despite only getting the one run in. Glad I could help with the knife blade Phil.

Big AL

Edited by cooltint