Holdens Performance Exhaust

DaveO

• Member For: 20y 11m 27d

Was optioning up a monaro cv8z out of interest and I find the option of a "Performance Exhaust" for $1,397. Just wondering if anyone knows what this entails if it actually makes a difference to power and sounds??

WHY would you ask that question here? :spoton:

Try http://www.ls1.com.au/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hah yeh, because I dont like Holdens in general and am not a member of that forum... If it is a genuine option Ford should pull their finger out and offer this type of option on the XR8 (GT style twin exhaust) or a louder performance orientated exhaust for the GTP as standard and an option on the GT. In all honesty the stock V8 exhaust sounds pretty wussy... sure it makes a bit of noise above 4000 rpm but their is no deep rumble below that (part of the reason you buy a V8 in the first place).

Try this link here.

http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action...12003&bitmask=1

Seems its not legal for road use. But then again almost no V8 powered cars with modified exhausts meet ADR noise requirements. It is possible to make them quiet but the point of a V8 is to be loud.

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey thanks alot I totally missed that it explains it all... damn that's dodgey its just for track I'd still option it to a normal road use though even if it meant trouble with cops... it's worth it!!

• Member For: 21y 5m 10d

I have a mate with a CV8Z and the exhaust sound is INCREDIBLE. Seriously, from inside the car its incredible. When I hopped back in my T, it sounded like I had a rubberband driving my car (albeit a fast one).

As far as I know he had the standard US-spec exhaust they are now using. They are LOUD. I really dont think you need louder. Forget all older Monaros, take a Z for a spin and you will find it totally different.

A VERY impressive sound. Totally addictive. I cant for the life of me understand why that style (ie volume!) exhaust isnt either standard or an option on EVERY Aussie V8 sports car. Its what V8's are all about.

In fact, a lounder, more free flowing exhaust should be an option on all sports cars, the T included. I would definitely have chosen it if it was an option.

• Artificially Aspirated
  • Member For: 20y 8m 21d

The Pontiac GTO made for the US exhaust is slightly louder. I don't know for sure, but I would think this would be the exhaust they are trying to sell. Like most factory options, your money is better spent at an aftermarket company.