WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 9m 15d
well only just got my clutch all sorted at this very moment (didnt go as smoothly as hoped) so now I have a week to run it in and get used to the thing and I'll meet all u guys there next wed

Good news. Will be a big night next week.. :)

I now have an issue with my spark plugs breaking down. They're brand new @ .75

Any ideas anyone??

TC lockup anomily, just had to revise my shifting technique whilst we are awaiting the ZF software.

Gramps was saying those things go into lockup pretty smartly??

Are you flaring on late changes?? Or was the squealing due to something else?

Wheel spin related??

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 22d

Kezza / Guigdude have you guys ridden any tuflight or flexlight boards?? Me and a mate both busted boards a few months back up north so I bought a rusty flexlight today as there apparently alot stronger, so I can feel somewhat confident that I'll have a reliable spare if I bust another when I'm away. Looking fwd to seeing what their like.... hope it's ok as there apparently more bouyant for a given volume.

Youngy's going to throw his empty bundy cans at me now for not getting an edit :stirthepot:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 26d

TC lockup anomily, just had to revise my shifting technique whilst we are awaiting the ZF software.

Gramps was saying those things go into lockup pretty smartly??

Are you flaring on late changes?? Or was the squealing due to something else?

Wheel spin related??

Yeah they go into lockup pretty smartly, but not if you select a tall gear before the lockup engages. Example, take-off from standstill, apply 3/4 throttle, and keep pulling the selector through the gears. You'll find the car will be driving on the stall, and then attempt to lock the converter. Problem is, too much load being transmitted through the converter for it to lock. Hence the squeeling noise.

By allowing the converter to lock, and then applying the throttle the problem does not occur.

• Member For: 21y 5m 30d
well only just got my clutch all sorted at this very moment (didnt go as smoothly as hoped) so now I have a week to run it in and get used to the thing and I'll meet all u guys there next wed

Good news. Will be a big night next week.. :)

I now have an issue with my spark plugs breaking down. They're brand new @ .75

Any ideas anyone??

Perhaps weak coils? (but this sounds unlikely if they are all doing it after just changing your plugs).

Or maybe poor conection between sparkplug and coil cap? Did you get the same plug? or a diff brand? It's possible that the top of the spark plug where the coil cap sits on is a slightly different profile to the original plugs you had in there thus causing a poor connection?

Or, perhaps you may have damaged one (or more) of the coil drivers when you were removing and refitting them?

Well I replaced the plugs and the problem went away.

I have now just turned the boost up a tad on another tune, and it blows out, goes bang pop pop pop. Like a backfire..

Maybe it's running rich and fouling the plug.. Will see..

Biggest problem was, it happened as I was going past a motorbike.. :howbig: He was giving it sh!t, and just couldn't believe the big barge was next to him.. :msm:

Oh that's got to tickle!!

I'm too used to the Great Northern Highway in NW (didn't have T then though) and lately GE Hwy between Kal & Perth (plenty of monarch there too but more road) so was caught napping a bit.

Was in the flow of traffic (sort of) so wouldn't have been the only one busted but it will be cruise control all the way next time.

These cars get away from you real quick don't they? :msm:

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 6d

Got my car back from repairs yesterday, they pretty much sanded the rust off and painted over it.

Only thing is some numbnuts drove my car into a kerb or something in the workshop, so I'm sporting a new gouge in the front bar :fool:

I have been in touch with them about it already, will see how that one goes :sleepystuff: