WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

Guest newl
  • Guests

Scouting the area for the next outing were ya? Sounds like ya had a good time. :wub:

Any planned events for when we're down? :spoton:

Saw an advertisement while waiting to get into the show yesterday for the Bridgetown Muster in February. Might be an idea for a get away.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m 7d
Just had a few awesome days in Busselton, stayed at Abbey Beach resort, I highly recommend it for it's location and quality of the rooms. Excellent facilities and its right on the beach. Anyone planning a holiday down south check it out, you also get RAC or Entertainment club discounts.

So whats news?

I was starting to get concerned for you - Soo quiet for soo long :msm:

Good to see you are back :spoton:

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 7d

Hey guys, I need to get some ideas for future events. As you can see I have made a calendar for the WA cruises and events, but it would be great to get someone else involved in organising these things. I am kinda running out of ideas for monthly cruises and meeting points. Also I would love to organise a trip down south but there just doesnt seem to be that much interest.

• Member For: 18y 5m 9d

Here's a couple of ideas: -

There's some good backroads on the way to Toodyay & could have lunch either by the river or book some tables at the Coca-Cola cafe

A nice run up to New Norcia for either a picnic (nice bread) or pub lunch

Bull & Bush Tavern @ Boyanup (just south of Bunbury)

The pie shop south of Mandurah (boring drive though)

Not that I like food or anything :-)

• Donating Members
Hey guys, I need to get some ideas for future events. As you can see I have made a calendar for the WA cruises and events, but it would be great to get someone else involved in organising these things. I am kinda running out of ideas for monthly cruises and meeting points. Also I would love to organise a trip down south but there just doesnt seem to be that much interest.

Steve,

Valid point you make, and I guess those of us participating in the events could lend a hand for arranging and coming up with ideas :tease:

What about a get together for those of us willing to help (may just be you and I, but I LIVE IN HOPE :blink: ).

Unfortunately I'm off to the US next week, and will be away for nearly 3 weeks, so it will either have to be before Tuesday, or after Oct. 28 if I am to provide any input.

C'mon you cruise regulars, join in so we can have more good events :sleepystuff:

I'll provide the house and a beer or two for the event :shocked: (thinks to himself - This is almost like fishing and the bait is out :spit: )

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 23d

I honestly think we should keep away from winding roads in the country as some member dont like the way others drive. These roads are the most dangerous and we tend to get exited.... including me, so why not avoid them???.

I had a few people tailgating the $hit out of me on the last cruise and it pi$$ed me off mainly because I know how bad std breaks can fade at speed and until you have experienced it, you dont know how little control you have. I won't mention names and didn't say anything to the guy or his partner, though I probably should have.

I just think coastal cruises etc where there is lots of people are better (even though we tend to break up sometimes) as it doesn't promote silly driving which is clearly what you guys don't want.

I'm not trying to be negative but I just think if you want to play it safe, then choose your playing grounds wisely..... I'm more than happy to help out over a beer guys, so just give me a yell when your keen.

Cheers

Guest newl
  • Guests

Toodyay has an awesome pie shop. :fool:

Bunbury wouldn't be bad either, quite in reach for a cruise down and decent lunch stop along the ocean somewhere.

I'm still keen on a down south overnight trip though. Albany would be alright, plenty to see and do too.

• Donating Members
I honestly think we should keep away from winding roads in the country as some member dont like the way others drive. These roads are the most dangerous and we tend to get exited.... including me, so why not avoid them???.

I had a few people tailgating the $hit out of me on the last cruise and it pi$$ed me off mainly because I know how bad std breaks can fade at speed and until you have experienced it, you dont know how little control you have. I won't mention names and didn't say anything to the guy or his partner, though I probably should have.

I just think coastal cruises etc where there is lots of people are better (even though we tend to break up sometimes) as it doesn't promote silly driving which is clearly what you guys don't want.

I'm not trying to be negative but I just think if you want to play it safe, then choose your playing grounds wisely..... I'm more than happy to help out over a beer guys, so just give me a yell when your keen.

Cheers

Well, I'm sorry mate, but I couldn't disagree more with your comments about cruising up the coast :fool:

What is more boring than crawling along at a snails pace, constantly getting caught at traffic lights or other obstructions :blink:

If people cannot behave and show common courtesy to other cruise members or the public in general, I guess a cruise is not the place to be :nono:

We just need to set some cruise rules, so that we can all cruise safely, and without attracting unwanted attention to ourselves. Now I am not saying that we cannot have some fun, but only that there are some places more suitable than others.

My 2c worth

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 9m 15d

Well I'm going for a HORRID drive to Karri Valley this weekend.

shucks, gonna hate those roads, and scenery..