WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m 7d
my turbine housing and manifold are getting ceramic coated this week but apart from that im just waiting for the bit to connect the eng to the gearbox...

:sleepystuff: But why, you can't see it with the heat shielding fitted :laughing:

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 23d
Maybe not, but at least he'll know that they're purple. :fool:

Purple :laughing:

Not driving hard enough then, they should be RED

YUP, who needs neons when you have a red hot manifild and exhaust turbine housing :sleepystuff:

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 7d
Spotted XXXR6T at lights on Joondalup Drive. Your car was a darn sight cleaner than my Cov's ute!!!

:nod: My car is filthy!! Is one of those colours that looks clean after a bit of rain though.

Spotted john s F6 parked at Coventrys!

You gonna spot that again tomorrow? :yeahyeah:

I have never spotted your car around wangara though... what street do you work on??

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 8d
my turbine housing and manifold are getting ceramic coated this week but apart from that im just waiting for the bit to connect the eng to the gearbox...

:blush: But why, you can't see it with the heat shielding fitted :fool:

Potentially would be able to leave the heat shields off. one cooked engine mount (mine actually fall apart as i removed) it and several cooked hoses are the motivation for doing it. :laughing:

• Colossal Member

I'm seriously thinking about "downgrading" soon :laughing:

Financially I will be a lot better off without this car, the same conclusion I came to over a year and a half ago. I dont want to get rid of this car I just wish there was a way to do everything I want to it. I have plans for it that are seeming further and further away... it might be time soon to make a decision about whether or not to saccrifice money to do that AND maintain it, or to saccrifice the car for the time being and look towards the bigger picture. What do you think guys? Seriously, what should I do?

Guest newl
  • Guests

Truthfully? You should do what is right for you. It's that simple.

I seem to recall a mentioning of the word "house" recently and if the car impacts on that goal, the solution (for me at least) would be to down grade for the time being, or cut back on the goals of the car.

At the point of where the car is, mods wise (audio stuff aside) you seem to still be waiting on injectors and a custom tune. If you were to draw the line at where you would end up at when those are complete, that would in turn reduce further spending outside of normal maintance, or other operating costs.

In the end, as mentioned before, none of us can tell you what to do, only offer advise and opinions. :)

• Colossal Member

Yeh, I know I COULD get a couple of things done and leave it at that, but knowing what we all know about T5 manual gearboxes, I can see it becoming an anchor in the not too distant future. IF I am lucky like some have been, it will be fine... but that can be a bit of a big risk.

Ultimately yes, I would like to buy a house. This probably won't happen for another year, but it would be nice to say I have SOME history of savings before that happens.

Looking at my options, I would be lucky to get 25k for my car at private sale... how depressing is that!! So much for the T being unique enough to hold SOME value. Trade in price is around 20k... can you believe this car is still in warranty and is less than HALF of it's original price tag?!

I thought downgrading to the car I want would save me some money on interest payments, but looks like its the same value. I was looking to something like a Fairmont GHIA with some options.

So for me to save some pennies I would have to get something older, and probably less reliable. The fact is I want to get a place with lisa very soon and to do that comfortably will mean some saccrifices. Hrmmmmm

Some thought will be needed...