WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Cant wait to drive it
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 13d
I can indeed. I have my forklift ticket and spend about an hour a day on one.. that's decent money indeed! What else is involved?

Dean, apparently this roster would be based around 8 days on, 6 days off, 7 nights on, 7 nights off or something?

mate I have worked away for about six years done a few different rosters 2/2-2/1 and some crappy contracting ones 3/1 etc ive been on 8/6 days then nights for about 4 years now and I have to say I love it 7/7 would be better but its pretty close to even time and ive got a wife and two kids

just enough time away and quality time home

if I worked in perth to get the money im on id have to work 6 days a week on avarage and by the time I got home the kids would be ready for bed id have dinner and a beer and hit the sack so that's maybee a day a week to spend with the family

that just aint quality time in my book

• Cant wait to drive it
  • Donating Members
Rapid / bluute, if you dont mind me asking what work do you do and wherebouts?

im a mechy fitter/supervisor

work at minara resources which is at murrin murrin minesite (nickel and cobalt) about 350km's north east of kal

• Cant wait to drive it
  • Donating Members
Ever worked a winter in the gold fields??

amen to that brother that desert wind and a little bit of rain its f#@$ing freezing

• Drift Queen
  • Member For: 16y 10m 9d

matt me an ryan would kill to be in your position, we have been trying to get up there for ages but no luck we always just get knocked back, trying to save for a house but we can hardly afford to keep our cars on the road let alone save for anything.

• Cant wait to drive it
  • Donating Members

Well that's it im flying home tonight woooo hooooo

finaly get to see my ute with the new 20's on

will post pics tomorrow

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 13d
matt me an ryan would kill to be in your position, we have been trying to get up there for ages but no luck we always just get knocked back, trying to save for a house but we can hardly afford to keep our cars on the road let alone save for anything.

Hehe I dunno. When I spoke to my mate he said theres always positions available but he kept on bringing up reliability. He always tells me how people come up for a week or so then leave? One of the guys at work went up (and he was a useless worker) and didnt have any problems!

Crazy stuff indeed!

• Drift Queen
  • Member For: 16y 10m 9d

yer its stupid, we are prepared to go up there and do the sh*t hrs and put up with crap conditions yet no one is prepared to employ inexperienced people, my question is how do you get experience if no one will employ us. grrrr lol, rant for the night

Ever worked a winter in the gold fields??

sure have - nothing colder either !!!

I got the drift that he was headed north though but I could be wrong. Bit rushed and viewing while on the phone at work