WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Member For: 17y 8m 20d

Hi guys how you all doing long time no post here doing well I see Aaron. Well I am all settled in over here in Albury NSW (No carScene Whatsoever) anyway I will be selling my plates "IEATV8S" what do you guys think is a good asking price and whats the best venue to sell them on? Cheers guys.

Stock brakes FTL!

Driving along hepburn doing 70 (the limit) the car 2 in front of me runs into another car. Car directly in front of me doesnt realise and hits skids too late. I hit skids immediately and pull up with less than 5cm to spare. Car behind me locks it up and misses the rear by a few inches!

Think a decent brake upgrade is on the cards when the bank looks a little healthier!

bigger brakes do not improve your stopping distance over stock at low speeds ie 70 kmh in a one stop application. at this speed the standard brakes have plenty of power to lock the wheels and trigger abs, which means bigger brakes cannot beat this performance.

at higher speeds I.e 160 plus the difference is noticable. my 6 pot brembos trigger abs almost straight away if you really jump on them and show that maxium braking is achieved. the old standard brakes don't trigger abs until lots of speed has already been washed off. this shows that they arn't achieving maxiumum braking at high speed.

obvisouly bigger breaks reduce brakefade which is a seperate issue. better pads and disc will do this also improve brakefade.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 13d

So you reckon that better disc's and pads will help pull up better or do I just have to get used to pulling up 2000kg instead of the 1200kg wrx!

pretty much.

I've do a few track days at collie. boys with evo's where wetting themselves over how early I had to brake to make the essess.

mass is pretty hard to defeat. that said better discs and pads will give you better peddle feel and help at freeway and higher speeds. plus if your in the hills there will be less of a fall off in performance. standard breaks and pads fade really quick.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 13d
pretty much.

I've do a few track days at collie. boys with evo's where wetting themselves over how early I had to brake to make the essess.

mass is pretty hard to defeat. that said better discs and pads will give you better peddle feel and help at freeway and higher speeds. plus if your in the hills there will be less of a fall off in performance. standard breaks and pads fade really quick.

Tell me about it.. I missed a corner one night on a Toodyay to Canning dam run because the wrx brakes didnt even come close to pulling up in time!

I did notice that at AHG long track though. My mates with STi's / MR evo's could brake a lot later.

I guess rotors and pads will be fine then. I had DBA 4000 and decent pads on the wrx before it was sold and they were nice.

• Member For: 17y 8m 20d
Hi guys how you all doing long time no post here doing well I see Aaron. Well I am all settled in over here in Albury NSW (No carScene Whatsoever) anyway I will be selling my plates "IEATV8S" what do you guys think is a good asking price and whats the best venue to sell them on? Cheers guys.

plying to my own post how sad :) Need some help I have had a few guys send me PM's saying they will take the plates for the right price. I don't know I should be selling them for. Ideally I would like to chuck them on e-bay or a similler site but dont know what to put my reserve at. I see some pritty poor plates up for like $50,000 crazy but then some guy in a STi at BP Rockingham offered me $2000 for them six months ago (should have got his number). Just want a to hear what you guys think they are worth.

IEATV8S.jpg

• Member For: 16y 6m 13d

just a few quick questions here guys,

1. how much oil goes into the gearbox?

2. where can I source some good priced tread in WA? what shop gives pretty decent prices? I dont need them asap, so I would consider shipping them if it were cheaper from over-state.

3. im about to get my surge tank installed (it has the bosch 044 pump), should I still get my in-tank pump (walbro GSS340) installed aswell?

thanks guys.

ohh and for my sound system, I'm booked in with alberts in joondalup 2mora to get it done so I shall give ya's a bit of feedback to tell ya how it went :)

• Legendary member!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 9m 4d
Stock brakes FTL!

Driving along hepburn doing 70 (the limit) the car 2 in front of me runs into another car. Car directly in front of me doesnt realise and hits skids too late. I hit skids immediately and pull up with less than 5cm to spare. Car behind me locks it up and misses the rear by a few inches!

Think a decent brake upgrade is on the cards when the bank looks a little healthier!

Im with ya Mat, I had a similar thing happen lastweek on Beaufort st...

Car infront slammed on the brakes, I must of stopped about an inch from hittin them and I heard the car behind me lock up and skid... was waitin for em to hit me but fortunately they didnt, reckon they were pretty close though...

On another note, dropped the ute off at WA suspensions this morning for new front springs and reset leafs, front lower control arm bushes and a front 27mm swaybar so should lower and tighten things up a bit for me... Cant wait to pick her up this arvo!

And - only 3 sleeps til im off to Europe!!!

Edited by Dirty32