WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 7d
I wouldn't bother with Mindarie Exhausts..

A few years ago I rang them up asking to do a 3" straight thru system (NO cats or muffling) on my wrx. They said no problems, come up at 7.30am or whatever time it was and drop it off.

They were 40 minutes late ( I was hanging around waiting) and then I spoke to the guy who answered the phone and he refused to do the work AFTER agreeing on a price on the phone.

He was a wa*ker (and I let him know!). Pat at Mettams Mufflers in Morley is the opposite however. He does what you ask for a fair price. Never had a problem there.

Mat I think that there may be new owners, a young :buttrock: couple - Leigh & Tiana ( yep whohoo a chickie) We did a dyno day out there and they were fantastic, also was outt here the other day and all very nice and friendly.

my 2cents

D

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 18d
permits are a total waste of time.

had them done for the hq had permits for exhaust, minitubes, flat sheet metal tray, fibreglass front, injected motor etc etc. Got pulled over, cop said car was too loud, I produced permits for exhaust. cops reply was "well you could have changed it since that was issued, heres a yellow." wankers

What are my chances of getting permite for the frontmount and induction set up? I essentially have the same as you. Any idea of the cost of the process?

Also in the event I caused an accident, I'm sure permits could assist if there were issues with the claim.

Cheers!

• Donating Members

Toads

have you seen the paperwork? permit app and I quite like paperwork.

It would appear to be one of those "grey" areas, when Mark was given the ticket last week for the wheels spinning the coppa actually told him that our car looked hot, liked the rims and the exhaust was wicked, it was quite obvious that its not stock - so the point of the permit is???

Also wondering then, if, for example you are ... changing the exhaust should the workshop doing the work not ensure that

1/ the new system is legal and

2/ any required permits are obtained? Just a thought. You know like when you have like a patio put on they (co. doing the work) ensure that the permit has been passed by council.

D

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 18d

Thanks D!

Far out. All seems too hard lol.

I was pulled over recently and permits for modifications were requested...not sure why I wasn't issued with a yellow, pure luck really!

• Donating Members
Thanks D!

Far out. All seems too hard lol.

I was pulled over recently and permits for modifications were requested...not sure why I wasn't issued with a yellow, pure luck really!

Same, not wishing it on anybody but why not stickers? You are meant to apply for a permit to modify anything wheel exhaust so if you have different size wheel or replace a muffler ON ANY CAR why don't they issue stickers for lack of permit... How much $$'s would they make then....

Rather not have to either way so until your forced......

D