WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 7d
And the color is ?

not blue coz that would simply be gay to have 2 blue ones.... (yours dont count John cause 1's a ute!!)

its shillouette

• Donating Members
guys I think im screwed, my bf was driving the ute down marmion ave and got done by a speed camera I reckon he was doin at least 140, the fine will come to me cos im the owner. what will happen?? obviously I dont have enough demerits to cover it and he is taking it but what will the fine say?? will I get summons to court??

Feebs

total bummer!! like they said, just fill out the stat dec and send it back. then they'll go after him. I wouldn't be expecting a big xmas pressie this year..

Note to :ARFiring: ... BF - start saving...

Edited by lil_bodes

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 13d
wats this after july stuff u talk of ?

New laws are coming in on the first of July and its gonna make owning a performance car a whole lot harder. Police presence in the hills every weekend rules hills cruises out so you have the targa areas past Toodyay or down towards Dwellingup dams areas. No police / public out there but the majority of car enthusiasts would see that as too much effort!

Hoon laws are going to increase. IE if your a hoon law virgin, instead of getting the car impounded for 48hrs, it will now be a week. Goes on from there. Keep in mind you have to pay for storage so the longer its in the compound, the more it costs to get it out. Clever isnt it!

Feebs is a perfect example of how this could go pear shaped. Imagine if they seized her car for what her BF did. She'd be out of a car for a week. Perths public transport system isn't that great so imagine trying to get to work / important appointments etc

Of course the fines / points will increase to. The gumbyment KNOW there's money in Perth so why not grab some more of it. Hot the motorists in the hip pocket and a nice warm and fuzzy media campaign so joe public (the voters!) think they are making the streets safer.

About time we get rid of people like Grant Dorrington and start looking at the REAL problems on our roads.

That said, seatbelt fines will increase heavily AFAIK. My 21 year old best mate was killed in a car that had an accident at 60kms. Everyone else in the car walked away fine but he wasnt wearing a seatbelt..

Next time you see kids jumping around the back of a car clearly not wearing a belt, record it on your phone and hand it in the the cops and make them do something about it!

D congrats on the car but u really dont want black hahaha

Spend hours washing them and 2min later your hard work is wasted! Still when they are clean they look mickey mouse!!

Edited by Mat

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m 2d
guys I think im screwed, my bf was driving the ute down marmion ave and got done by a speed camera I reckon he was doin at least 140, the fine will come to me cos im the owner. what will happen?? obviously I dont have enough demerits to cover it and he is taking it but what will the fine say?? will I get summons to court??

faaaaaaaaaar Cannaaal !!! 60 over is bad, 45+ is reckless driving territory nowadays IIRC !!!!!!! mandatory 3-6 month pubic tranny catching in other words !!

I hate that dread/guilt feeling while waiting for a big fat ticket, I had a 115 in a 70 a couple of years ago, thought my license was toasted but ended up with ~$450 + 6 points I think..

• Donating Members
The system is all bull that's all I have to say. What did you get bodes?

x

Haven't got anything yet, just looking and toying with the idea of a 2nd T in the garage. Yeah I didn't really want black but no way are we getting another blue one. Will just have to wait and see what happens. Might have to scrap the idea with the petrol prices. Thinking .... thinking...

D

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 10d
New laws are coming in on the first of July and its gonna make owning a performance car a whole lot harder. Police presence in the hills every weekend rules hills cruises out so you have the targa areas past Toodyay or down towards Dwellingup dams areas. No police / public out there but the majority of car enthusiasts would see that as too much effort!

Hoon laws are going to increase. IE if your a hoon law virgin, instead of getting the car impounded for 48hrs, it will now be a week. Goes on from there. Keep in mind you have to pay for storage so the longer its in the compound, the more it costs to get it out. Clever isnt it!

Feebs is a perfect example of how this could go pear shaped. Imagine if they seized her car for what her BF did. She'd be out of a car for a week. Perths public transport system isn't that great so imagine trying to get to work / important appointments etc

Of course the fines / points will increase to. The gumbyment KNOW there's money in Perth so why not grab some more of it. Hot the motorists in the hip pocket and a nice warm and fuzzy media campaign so joe public (the voters!) think they are making the streets safer.

About time we get rid of people like Grant Dorrington and start looking at the REAL problems on our roads.

That said, seatbelt fines will increase heavily AFAIK. My 21 year old best mate was killed in a car that had an accident at 60kms. Everyone else in the car walked away fine but he wasnt wearing a seatbelt..

Next time you see kids jumping around the back of a car clearly not wearing a belt, record it on your phone and hand it in the the cops and make them do something about it!

D congrats on the car but u really dont want black hahaha

Spend hours washing them and 2min later your hard work is wasted! Still when they are clean they look mickey mouse!!

Well said Mat!

I can't believe that Grant Dorrington has kept his job for so long. He and the other decision makers in the Road Safety Council have to be the dumbest bunch of pricks I have ever heard of.

Edited by LeighD