WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Member For: 16y 10m 27d

spotted 2 xr sedans following each other down anchorage drive in marmion, first car seein me standing next to my car, he's smiling and then opens gate in my ear

loved it haha

mmmmmmm gate

• Member For: 16y 10m 27d

aaronxr did u buy a spare rear housing so you could get it modified by ETM and sent over ?

get it on, gate/screamer is the best!!

Edited by thommo2007

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 11d
Well I think I spoke a little too soon....

Cost of the HD Wax will be between $100-120. Spoke to the rep this morning and it's currently on a boat bound for the shores of Oz.. Not going to be sold in retail outlets, simply due to demand. 1 or 2 in the bigger places that sell a lot of Autoglym products but that's about it!

Mr Rep raved about it (but that his job so of course he's biased) but from the reviews / video's / pic's it looks like the goods! Apparently it will also last for months. IMHO the NXT gen stuff (at $40) only lasts a few weeks.

Its half the price of the "Wolfgang Fuzion Estate Wax" ($230ish) and slightly more than the "Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax" ($95ish) so it will be interesting to see! Either way im gonna pick it up when it arrives in the next week or 3!

The wolfgang stuff comes in a bling signed wooden casket thing and all of them come with applicators and microfiber cloth(s).

Shoulda bought a silver or blue car I think :bangcomputer:

Mat,

I don't know too much about the Autoglym HD wax but it still seems that the guys in the know prefer Swissvax (even the cheaper Onyx or Saphir etc) or Dodo Double Wax etc.

Have you tried products like Optimum Car Wax??

Leigh

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 14d

Havent had a chance to use Swissvax (and probably wont as the shine im after comes at a cost. $180 for the saphire, $300 for the concorso or $3,395 for the Divine!!!). I reckon it'd be one of lifes greatest pleasures spending 3.4K on a wax for your lambo though :spit:

Have you ever used it? That guy who charges 5000 pounds for a detail uses the Divine stuff. If you spent that much on the finest Brazilian waxes you'd want a waxed Brazilion thrown in :blink:

I used the A/G ultra deep shine polish after clay barring etc yesterday and did the bonnet with NXT wax (before it ran out) and the car looks the best it ever has. You can see the wax has given it extra shine too, but now im starting to drive the car less I want something that looks a little "deeper" and that lasts longer

Haven't used the Optimum stuff before (does it only come as a spray on I wonder? but it seems reasonably priced! Have you had anything to do with it?

Hadn't heard of the Dodo stuff but had a quick look at google and many people seem to rave about it? Think with shipping it would be closer to the $200 mark? They have this one which comes in a wooden container that looks pretty bling!

Some of the Dodo stuff is scented too!! Who needs the new car smell when your car smells fruity lol

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 9d
Put a few things on my car today that had been collecting dust in the garage.

All I've gotta do now is get the surge tank fitted and then the external with the polished compressor housing on and shes all sweet.

bling!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 11d
Havent had a chance to use Swissvax (and probably wont as the shine im after comes at a cost. $180 for the saphire, $300 for the concorso or $3,395 for the Divine!!!). I reckon it'd be one of lifes greatest pleasures spending 3.4K on a wax for your lambo though :shocked:

Have you ever used it? That guy who charges 5000 pounds for a detail uses the Divine stuff. If you spent that much on the finest Brazilian waxes you'd want a waxed Brazilion thrown in :buttonit:

I used the A/G ultra deep shine polish after clay barring etc yesterday and did the bonnet with NXT wax (before it ran out) and the car looks the best it ever has. You can see the wax has given it extra shine too, but now im starting to drive the car less I want something that looks a little "deeper" and that lasts longer

Haven't used the Optimum stuff before (does it only come as a spray on I wonder? but it seems reasonably priced! Have you had anything to do with it?

Hadn't heard of the Dodo stuff but had a quick look at google and many people seem to rave about it? Think with shipping it would be closer to the $200 mark? They have this one which comes in a wooden container that looks pretty bling!

Some of the Dodo stuff is scented too!! Who needs the new car smell when your car smells fruity lol

The only reason that I mentioned the Optimum Car Wax is that a lot of the guys in the know are still blown away by how well it works, how easy it is to apply and how cheap it is. Many of them still choose to use it over much more expensive products. I actually just bought a bottle of it but haven't had a chance to try it yet, I need to get all the swirl marks out first. If you want to try a little bit of the OCW, I can give you some.

Also, Swissvax Onyx is very highly regarded and I believe that it sells for about $110 or so, pretty much line ball with the HD wax that you mentioned.

Some good info is available at FinalInspection.com.au if you want to read more.