WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 17d

Nope, the satisfaction of scaring pedestrians is all too amusing!!!

You can run std bov (25mm) or say 38mm Turbosmart valve upon request. I had the bov fittings added just in case!

Great looking cooler on the car though and really fills out the front.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 12d
I just bought a Process West stage 1 kit and that was $945 posted to here. How good it is, no idea but people say they are pretty good.

Im umming and arring about this at the moment. Its the last thing I need and the car is "done" (Untill I get back from my Nurburing trip later on in year!).

Stage 1 or Stage 2 is the big question. of course stage 2 would be better but I've read the PW stage1 is good for 350rwkw BUT that's dyno figures which mean SFA. I'd like to see MPH etc. Im only chasing just over 400rwhp (300kw)

Its about $300 difference so im not sure whether its worth paying the extra or putting it towards something else that will help things along (ie extra tuning or something)

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 28d
Im umming and arring about this at the moment. Its the last thing I need and the car is "done" (Untill I get back from my Nurburing trip later on in year!).

Stage 1 or Stage 2 is the big question. of course stage 2 would be better but I've read the PW stage1 is good for 350rwkw BUT that's dyno figures which mean SFA. I'd like to see MPH etc. Im only chasing just over 400rwhp (300kw)

Its about $300 difference so im not sure whether its worth paying the extra or putting it towards something else that will help things along (ie extra tuning or something)

Stretch the wallet and go for the stage 2 , plus cold air, plus cross over pipe. This will allow you to make over 300 rwkw with low boost. You will thank me later when you want to fit the Plenum. The object is to increase flow through intake and exhaust, so you make more power at less boost. Arron

• Donating Members
Stretch the wallet and go for the stage 2 , plus cold air, plus cross over pipe. This will allow you to make over 300 rwkw with low boost. You will thank me later when you want to fit the Plenum. The object is to increase flow through intake and exhaust, so you make more power at less boost. Arron

Yeh, im gettin ya! Spoke to the mrs to and even she said to just do it properly and go the stage 2. Not that she even knows what a fmic is lol

I'm going to speak to simon about tuning it all soon without running too much boost. I figure that way I get enough power to keep me motivated but wont make too much power (maybe 260ish with standard exhaust?) and once I get back from holidays I can do clutch and a full exhaust etc etc.

Anyone keen for a meetup on Friday or Saturday night??

Edited by Mat

• Member For: 17y 10m 1d

I spoke to Simon about getting the stage 2 PW cooler but he advised against it if I wasn't doing the cat and dump. At that time I was only going for a high flow cat and now..... my car is at Simon's fitting his cat and dump pipe setup.. Doh I knew I should of got stage 2....

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 28d
Yeh, im gettin ya! Spoke to the mrs to and even she said to just do it properly and go the stage 2. Not that she even knows what a fmic is lol

I'm going to speak to simon about tuning it all soon without running too much boost. I figure that way I get enough power to keep me motivated but wont make too much power (maybe 260ish with standard exhaust?) and once I get back from holidays I can do clutch and a full exhaust etc etc.

Anyone keen for a meetup on Friday or Saturday night??

Definetly get the cat replaced, if your strapped for cash dont worry about the dump, have you changed the injectors yet. does your car have the stronger valve springs: is it BF2 later than 7/06

• Donating Members
Definetly get the cat replaced, if your strapped for cash dont worry about the dump, have you changed the injectors yet. does your car have the stronger valve springs: is it BF2 later than 7/06

Ok, awesome! Cat is easy enough but I think I'll keep the standard dump pipe! nah its a BF1

Build date in april... Think I just missed out. Still for the price I paid brand new im still 10K in front if I pop an engine.

On a side note im off to the cut a lap of the nurburing! Booked tickets today :D

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m
Ok, awesome! Cat is easy enough but I think I'll keep the standard dump pipe! nah its a BF1

Build date in april... Think I just missed out. Still for the price I paid brand new im still 10K in front if I pop an engine.

On a side note im off to the cut a lap of the nurburing! Booked tickets today :D

Are you serious, the Nürburgring! What's that setting you back? I'm going to be over there late September this year and was hoping to squeeze in a lap or two. I figure its something you have to do at least once in your life. How do you book tickets and what car you get? Apparently its huge fines if you get caught lapping it in a hire car.

• Donating Members

yeh, im planning the ring for the 6-10-08 :D Could be at the start of october to! Certain days are all booked out by ferrari etc and Its closed after 31-10-08 for winter but theres a solid chance

www.nurburgring.de or something!

Basically my mrs is a 2nd year school teacher so we are limited for time but were flying perth-dubai-rome for 5 nights- Paris for 2 nights-germany for 5 nights and then dubai for 2 nights on the way home.

Mrs got flight intinerary today. Basically flights are about $2300 inc all taxes. It can be had much cheaper BUT since its really our first big trip OS we figure go through a flight centre where she knows someone and get help along the way.

I HATE shopping. I refuse to do it on my days off let alone my holidays so I think I can get away with it for less than 5K all up! Just see all the historical stuff which I like. Lots of photos etc. Accomodation is a big cost BUT the way I see things is that its no point spending $150 a night on a room that your only sleeping in for 8hrs a day!

A mate of mine did the 'ring and it took him 3 days to get one lap. In the ring taxi (race spec M5) it costs $290au BUT your booked in so theres no chancing it. Its expensive but you dont have to worrying about lines, insurance etc. This is the option I'll go with. Its pricey for 7.30min or less BUT only live once.

If you get caught lapping a hire car you WILL get a worldwide ban from that company! No if's, buts or maybes. Strong chance you will get caught but bugger it I reckon. If theres no waiting, surely any normal petrol head wouldnt hesistate!

Not to mention its OCKTOBERFEST!!! Not that I drink beer but I reckon it would be fun and I could find some spirits around the place

Theres a few goals I have set for myself. I would really love to do a trip like this with the boys BUT none wanted to go and I figure paris and italy will be romantic with the mrs (EEEEEEW!!!!!!!!!)

Save the boys tripd for US/Vegas I guess

Aaron, wont be looking at valve springs, so I guess your right :) Keep it all easy and simple.