WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Member For: 11y 9m 29d

seriously, is there a facia kit for these cars? (FG mk1 non premium icc)

would be WAY easier, with fantastic results too.

if not, have figured how I will run it.

grab signal from front or rear speakers. no need for both. will spin the icc fader to full strength on my chosen channel.
run into audioline lc2i simply to keep 'noise' under control and boost the signal strength.
will not use the lc2i's 2nd output channel, as I'd rather not use that for bass control, the amp can take care of that.

single set of RCAs out of lc2i and into monoblock amp.
amp has pass through feature, so can run another set of RCAs to the 4 channel amp.
select "2 channel" input, on the 4 channel amp, and that one set of RCAs will run all 4 outputs.

lc2i has remote output, so can run that to the amps

I know have 5 channels all receiving the same signal, but being able to be tuned independently.

I think that'll do.
:wwww:

(just have to front the coin for an LC2i now...)

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 27d

Just noticed your FG. Not sure , its easy in BA BF.

It could fit like this

FG501%20a%20sm.jpg

Pics2010263.jpg

Edited by arronm

yeah, pretty tempted to go down that ave... so simple.

but, centre display becomes redundant.
need more work to get wheel controls back.
looks messy/dodgy etc.

le sigh, I miss the days of single din or double din being the biggest issue.

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1d

I think if you are going to throw money at FG audio then defiantly run an aftermarket deck. Running amps of the the OEM head-unit will only amplify the interference you get from the sh!t factory head-unit and wiring.

I've been down the path of installing head units, speakers, amps, subwoofers, soundproofing etc with most of my cars. Bought a bunch of audio gear for the FG months ago with good intentions and its just sitting there collecting dust atm.

The older I get the less motivation I have to stuff around with the car, I got thought phases and impulse buy stuff and most of it just never gets used or I change my mind. Would rather spend my weekends drinking beers in the pool then phaaarking around with the car :spoton:

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 6m 28d

I think if you are going to throw money at FG audio then defiantly run an aftermarket deck. Running amps of the the OEM head-unit will only amplify the interference you get from the sh!t factory head-unit and wiring.

I've been down the path of installing head units, speakers, amps, subwoofers, soundproofing etc with most of my cars. Bought a bunch of audio gear for the FG months ago with good intentions and its just sitting there collecting dust atm.

The older I get the less motivation I have to stuff around with the car, I got thought phases and impulse buy stuff and most of it just never gets used or I change my mind. Would rather spend my weekends drinking beers in the pool then phaaarking around with the car :spoton:

I run my gear off the stock head unit with a 20 dollar jaycar LOC and there is 0 interference/alternator whine. Definitely you're gonna get better quality audio with a good quality aftermarket head unit but man personally I couldn't be bothered screwing with all that putting in sh*t so you can use the wheel controls etc. I guess I'm just over the car audio thing though haha.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y

ZF guru's

Who's up for a steel pan conversion. Kit includes Pan (with drain and fill plugs) Gasket and Replacements bolts. Price is $330 inc new Mechatronics Plugs seals. I can still arrange 20lts drums of Gulf Western Syntrans for $120 a drum so the pan/oil comes it at a "cheap" service for a ZF.

ZF Guru's V2

Aaron has managed to get the pan price down to aprox $300 per pan. I have also lined up another supplier for Syntrans. Price is $125 but drums are local so no drive to York.

I will be having 2 drums delivered on Friday so If anybody else wants a drum hit me up via PM. Terms are cash.

What sub/s have you got to go in

Rockford P2D4-12

400rms 12" wired to be 2ohm, conveniently, my amp is 400rms at 2ohm (or so the box said. paperwork inside has it certified to around 570rms!)

the gear tbh, hasn't been 'that' pricey.

all up for 2 amps, sub, capacitor, component and co-ax is sitting at around the $1k mark.

arronm, saw those, and given the non premium icc has 'bass/mid/treble' as the extent of its eq adjustment, I was tempted.

for now, I will go with the stock icc and see how I like it. if need be, ill go bigger.