WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1d

I don't think I do Luke but I could be wrong or I am just used to the power now. The FG feels great from 2000-4000rpm and up to the legal limit. Anything over that it does not feel as strong.

I am also comparing my stock FG to the BA that was tuned. I think its just the power delivery of the two is different and the ZF vs the old BTR 4 speed.

I will take the car to XFT for an independent check before tune to baseline it and to give me a chance to get any warranty sorted before I void it :-\

Plan was to tune it with current turbo with all the supporting gear without going overboard haha

• Member For: 14y 6m 17d

Sorry to hear it Luke, sadly I don't foresee a happy ending.

On a brighter note, I got the other axle on the ute straightened at Final Drive Eng in O'Connor.

As I was pulling out onto South St, I spotted Mummba outside a dodgy lunch bar looking resplendent in his hi-viz wet weather gear.

I was stopping for a crappy sandwich anyway so had a quick chat and carried on.

I also talked to FDE about the tail shaft.

Phil reckons the later models are beefier and usually just require retubing with chrome moly which is around $700 drive in/out.

Because mine is a lowered ute, they can also fit a Late model camira centre brg which sits higher and alleviates the cv joint problem.

For extra bullet proofness, they can get rid of the donut at the front and fit a billet adaptor and a uni joint

Providing everything else is in good nick, approx $1100 to $1200 drive in/out.

I might leave it for a while though because I'm sick of getting a wet arse riding the bike every time I drop it off or pick it up.

good to hear the ute is all sorted mate, I wouldn't mind a chat in there at final drive about my tailshaft too, although I could have sworn you came out of the dogdy massage place straight into the the dodgy sandwich place.....receipe for disaster....haha

you were correct I do have a fg f6 cooler lying around, also have some rear housings if you guys want to sell, or keep your turbos complete...

Edited by mummba

• Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 21d

And I have a b series cooler as well with pipe if req closer then port headland in Mandurah

How much you want for it mate/condition and it's a typhoon cooler yeah?

Chuck some pics up if ya can :)

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 11m 2d

1c7.jpg

something that has been grinding my gears lately....

our work vehicle is an auto (a new Ford Ranger), and im in and out of it all day, and when I put it in neutral it beeps at me..... "yes, im well aware the car is in neutral, that's why I moved the stick to "N"". you dont hear a manual beep when you put it in neutral do you.

:wild:

just my :cry: for the day

• Member For: 11y 2m 22d

How much you want for it mate/condition and it's a typhoon cooler yeah?

What a going price these day or make me an offer

The car had done only 15000 km and it off a f6 rspec

Witch mean it worth more then a typhoon on off 300 ha ha ha

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y 5m 26d

What's the best way the plug up the vacuum line? Ive never heen a fan of running the BOV and now that I have my battery relocation intake kit on I want to make use of the nice loud flutter noise but without any leaks.

Managed to fit it up to a stock cooler pipe setup after a bit of tedious fiddling Around!

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y 5m 26d

Also, im just out of canningvale in Harrisdale if that's not too far away bud.

Give me a call or msg if youre keen. 0414445140