WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Member For: 14y 6m 16d

Anyone heading to Racewars early tomorrow morning?

was just about to ask the same question.. wat time are you heading out there?? I was thinking of leaving around 5ish from spearwood

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 11m 1d

If any1 gets pics from racewarz feel free to post a few up

• Member For: 14y 6m 16d

was going to start a new thread with some pics from racewars, but im not allowed :)

anyways here is some pics from sat

DSC_0497.jpg

DSC_0494.jpg

lambo.jpg

DSC_0471.jpg

DSC_0414.jpg

DSC_0401.jpg

DSC_0466.jpg

DSC_0397.jpg

DSC_0566.jpg

camaro.jpg

DSC_0323.jpg

DSC_0291.jpg

Edited by mummba

• Will do skids for food
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 18d

I was only able to get there today and stayed a couple of hours.

It's awesome to see some real high powered turbo cars really stretching their legs on the 1000m run.

The lambo's sounded nice enough but I really enjoyed the built stuff a lot more, like some of the wild Nissans.

What was with that orange FG 6T today ?

I saw it do a couple of sideways skips in the first few gears like he was tip toeing it and then when it hit fourth, it sounded like he just floored it and all hell broke loose !

I couldn't see it by then but it sounded like it just melted the tyres off the wheels!

It was worth the drive, the dust, the heat and the flies and I'll go back.

No pics though, too far away/couldn't be arsed.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 29d

First vid

I'll put a few more pics/vids up in the next few days. What a weekend! My post from Antilag will have to do as I need shower/sleep.

Can make new thread if we have enough content? Don't want it to just be my stuff.

Thank you to the entire Racewars team and volunteers.

Had a great time despite timing issues - wow those 800m roll ons were so much fun! I was driving the stock rims/no tint silver BF XR6T. Had a quick chat to Reece in the sleeper EF who beat me by about a bonnet length over the 800m, just couldn't reel you in in time! Will post vid when I can. Probably the most exciting run I had as it was so close the whole way. Was thrilled at [sJ 32 WA] the black Skyline simply walking away from me right from the get go, the definition of chopped. Also got whipped by the blue [GOT NITRO] Holden. Won against Madhav I think? But just read you were having issues. The R20 was much faster than I expected when I ran against it, nice one to whoever you are. Also very impressed by the black Pulsar GTI-R (forgot your name sorry mate!) who I ran against, got the drop on me at the start but I got to reel you in thanks to the 4L. He also gifted me some precious cable ties - old stone trays on these Falcons do not withstand multiple 210km/h passes well and it dropped a corner Sunday morning at end of my 800m run. Got it secured for the 1000m thanks to your toolbox! Had a fun run with my friend Justin in the black Typhoon (auto FTW hehehe). Chopped the v8 S5 which I was really happy about at first thinking I'd seen it running and beating some big cars, but lining up later my passenger pointed out a V10 badged one...the fast Audi I saw hammering around was of course the S6 hahaha and not the car I'd just beaten smile.png Oh and got to give a VE SS a spanking too, probably close to stock though so hardly fair on him. My only regret - not getting to run against an exotic. Would love to have a video of a Ferrari falling behind my sh*tter! Had my hopes up to run against the silver 360 (?) in front of me once but a VIP M5 came past and asked him for a run :'(

1000m I only gave one go, car was pulling up fine on 800m but I didn't expect to get much more speed over the remaining 200m, and that also meant my braking distance was approaching the limit of the car's capabilities so I went about 80% throttle past 800m and the timing gear gave me a DNC - luckily I'd sorted out my Torque on phone from OBDII port and it pegged me at 223kmh peak speed so I was happy with that. Would have loved to have gone again but suss stone tray, < 3/4 fuel and no surge tank, stock gearbox 193,000km old (as is engine with valve springs done recently, thanks XFT), had a mate to take home and was glad to beat the low sun and roo risk. Hopefully all got home safely.

On the way back I passed the Aventador on truck and pulled over to help a bloke with an STi that had a rad hose rubbing on alternator or something, gave up one of my two remaining cable ties smile.png Bit of flapping from my stone tray again on the way back, think it's bent down in the middle now! Had to go 105 or it would start up again.

Great to see a few mates and talk sh*t with randoms (200MPH you are too humble about your monster), had a good couple of days with Mike/XF Falcon who I hadn't seen in ages and let me store my food/water in his esky smile.png Also Shannon though I didn't check out your new ride sadly and had to leave the party early for much needed sleep. Eyes were more red than white.

I'll throw an idea in the ring for the next one, a low power FM radio transmitter with the frequency on signs around the event so the cars in queues can listen in to commentary and the spectators too if they aren't near speakers. Would be great to hear your run details right away too!

Was proud to take part in the first ever Racewars. Be there at number 2!

Might even tell the gf before I compete next time.

Edited by -SteveR-

• Donating Members

[sJ 32 WA]

Edited by -SteveR-

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 11m 1d

good videos Steve, that R32 just walked away from u though. damn I feel slow in my car now. and the Pulsar did a good job to stick with u like that though. makes me want to move my ideal RWKW from 350 to 400 though.

sounds like it was a good event, and hopefully means there might be anotherone next year if this one was so succesful.

reason I say that is for those who know what the cannonball run is, there was actually one held in australia in 1994, but due to a tragic accident it was canned on its first run. one wonders how long it would have been run for if there was no accident. http://www.cannonballrun.info/ for those interested in knowing about it. although it was a race event held on public roads, not in a closed course event like this one. hats off to Anti-lag though for putting it on.

how did you end up doing Josh? guessing u havent had much a chance to supe up your new project yet?

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 27d

Got to feel for Eddy having a massive off in the hsv gto coupe. lucky he is ok

• Like 1

• Donating Members

Yeah that was very sobering. Mike and I were in the pits at the time and didn't even see the car for a couple of hours, just hoped he was OK. If it had to happen, at least it was a caged car with harnessed driver, and the skyline racing him was able to avoid it.

That 32 hosing me is possibly SimonR32, here's his stats:

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by SimonR32 viewpost-right.png
Just pulled stats from my 0-1000m run of the GPS logger

0-100km/hr 3.3sec
1/4 mile 11.0 @ 135mph (217.11km/hr)
0-1000m 19.80 @ 271.63km/hr

Fairly happy considering the surface and lack of grip. Lost 3km/hr and took me 1.2sec to get that speed back with a slow change 4-5th, time for a Hollinger next year smile.png

I think my official time was 19.63 @ 266km/hr so times were fairly close, speed was probably a little out.