WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Member For: 11y 9m 28d

nice work man! starting to pedal that thing pretty quick from when I seen ya there.

Noticed this when unloading the wheels and nitto NT05Rs I used on Wednesday night.
At least I know they were sticking to the track !
Need more tyre pressure I think. Was at 23psi. Will go back to 30 next time.
12.3 @110mph with a 1.86 - 60ft

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

also, P100. can the ecu even adjust enough to put in the extra fueling that is required/demanded by an ethanol blend? yes, its 10%, but its something.

I cant see the point in it as RON /= power. RON = knock resistance. usless, without more comp or boost.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 14d

nice work man! starting to pedal that thing pretty quick from when I seen ya there.

also, P100. can the ecu even adjust enough to put in the extra fueling that is required/demanded by an ethanol blend? yes, its 10%, but its something.

I cant see the point in it as RON /= power. RON = knock resistance. usless, without more comp or boost.

Stock car yes. Tuned no. More Ron, more timing, more power!

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 30d

Noticed this when unloading the wheels and nitto NT05Rs I used on Wednesday night.

At least I know they were sticking to the track !

Need more tyre pressure I think. Was at 23psi. Will go back to 30 next time.

12.3 @110mph with a 1.86 - 60ft

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

BA 17's where notirious for doing this when we first starting pushing decent power through them with sticky tyres. Drill and tap some beadlocking screws Phil?

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 29d

It's come down to these sets of XXR

18x8.5 +30 front and 18x9.5 +38 rear. I'm leaning towards this a bit more, but I can't rotate wheels at all if using KU31s (directional tread). Rims are also 11.5kg/11.2kg

aKAkIJJ.jpg

or these in more tyre rotation friendly 18x8.75 +20 all round. 9.6kg. Have seen this pattern many times before though on XR6Ts.

C0Wl1mt.jpg

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 11m 1d

Putting in some serious thought on this in the forums a Steve ;). No wonder u been stock for so long. I'd go the top ones.

Really big on the weight as well I've noticed. Although got me thinking about my wheels.... Although going back to 18's (that also clear brembos) just makes me think the wheels will look small in the arches of the FG

And yeah, seems bead locks are a good thing if u spend a bit of time on the strip

• Donating Members

I don't want to regret the purchase, I don't have the cash to waste. I'm trusting in the quality of the rims being guaranteed by the VIA certification they carry (only know what that is after reading Rota quality arguments).

Yeah I read Tocchi once write that he thought 18's were perfect on B series, lucky for me. FGs are cavernous especially the ute rears.

Stock rims are like 14 or 15kg so really the only way to go is up...or is that down. Aiboart mentioned that steering response is noticeably affected by rim weight, I think also load on the knuckle/bearings should be reduced which is also a win.

Yeah I like the top ones too. Prefer fatter spokes to the web style even if I gain 2kg.

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y

Steve, I went from a set of BF XR8 18" to GMAX Kazei in 19x8.5" all round on the old ute and the difference was very noticeable in steering feel. The GMAX wheels were very light compared to the factory BF 18s, from memory it was something like 16kg vs 10-11kg.

From memory they were either +30 or +32 so filled the guards out nicely as well. Also very similar in design to the second picture.

• Like 1

• Donating Members

I've folded to my inner sensible and will get 4x 9" rims in +27 as discussed in Rota wheel thread. They are a grand and in stock here in WA, whereas the similar rims from XXR are out of stock and will stop me rotating them front to back.

Pretty much copies of the original SSR rims I shopped first up too, just an inch wider and larger :)

• Member For: 16y 1m 24d

So, car is currently falling apart...

Still having the headlight problem, car goes in for service soon so will talk to service manager.

Bumper must have got caught on a curb or something (I don't recall doing it, might have been parents), grey insert of bumper ripped out.

Headliner just randomly started to hang down where it meets the windscreen, what the f*ck? Anyone know a good place to get it re-glued that wont charge an arm and a leg?

Oh, and another rust spot has appeared on the rear quarter panel on the other side of the fuel cap.

f*cking fords.