WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 10m 12d

haha when I bought springs off Pete I was tempted to get a photo of them parked next to each other :)

Almost identical rego, black venetians..etc I think he has 2 extra cylinders though :girlinlove:

20120603_173259-2.jpg

Edited by XF Falcon
  • Like 1

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 27d

Yeah I remembered you had an XE as well soon after I looked at the rims to check. His exhaust tip looks 2 cylinders bigger :)

Mmmmmm chrome trim.

• Donating Members

NICE! Now don't drive it anywhere. Owmushwazzit?

Yeah gotta get one going, had stresses with the car but mostly good to go now, just can't rev the tits off until valve springs get changed and I feel safer. Shouldn't get on full boost too much either.

Tom mentioned a map but I'm going to look at some old ones as well and maybe do a rerun. As I said aiming for more SOR action.

EDIT

remove numberplate surrounds man they will rub the paint. Make sure plates don't touch paint - put some soft spacer material in there maybe as well. See my build thread about the rear garnish too, the plastic also rubs on paint, though if the garnish (above plate) never comes off it you wouldn't see it of course.

Edited by -SteveR-

• Member For: 12y 9m 23d

Omg just my luck haha! Went for a bit of a drive in it tonight thru the city etc... On the way home jumped back on the freeway, and bang goes 2nd gear! I had to laugh to myself, not even 24 hours had the car back n I'm up for a gearbox lol. And I wasn't even putting my foot down at all! (or much)... I guess 5spds'll do that to ya. Managed to get home just can't use 2nd which is ok for now :-/

Anybody wanna hook us up with 6spd conversion? ;P

Yeah Steve I shall take those number plate surrounds off tomoro mate. Good idea.

Valve springs ay, how do u know they need changed? Does it sound like 1 cylinder is missing after u give it stick?

• Donating Members

Sound? More like feel, whole car rocks! Not always...but sometimes it's real lumpy sounding after WOT. Also, Simon ran it on dyno and could hear them chattering and coming good again when he gave it a power run. So yeah, need to install those Nizpro springs I got for a song a while ago

One of these days I'll get ahead enough for some Bilsteins/Kings, I swear.

Bad luck with smashing the 5 speed dude :( Guess you really won't be driving it anywhere...jinxed you!

Though from what I've read it's more like good luck up until now that it was still working!

Edited by -SteveR-

• Member For: 12y 9m 23d

Haha yeah before I put the FG motor in it, the old valve springs used to go crazy after spirited driving.

Kinda surprised it lasted as long as it did, but it was next on my to-do list. Might be a silly question but anyone know if it's ok to drive it on the odd occasion if 2nd gear is screwed? I can hear a some rattling in there but will that damage anything else like clutch etc?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 28d

It's unlikely you will damage your clutch. BUT if bits are floating around in the gearbox, it can be a bit risky as it can get jammed in the gears and lock your wheels at speed, never mind possible further damage to the transmission.