WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 10m 30d

well, I stuffed up the post, but ill keep going...

Above is the car I drove through Switzerland and Germany. merc C220. pretty standard for over there

Only 130km/h but the point im gettind at is the fuel ecconomy. its avg was 5-6L/100km at 130-180kmh (130 is the speed limits outside of the autobarns)

fuel.jpg

yes, önly 180km/h, alot of you may have dont this before (on the track) but the point is its legal on the road and I was by no mean the fastest on the road... most cars passing me at that speed where Porsche and BMW's. I could have gone faster, but it was just a hire car and was happy at that. must say after sitting at that speed for an hour or so makes 100kmh feel like walking pace.

180.jpg

want to drive a Lambo or Ferrari in Paris? only 89 euros for 20 mins. didnt do it due to the roads in Paris are really sh*t, no motorway for a 1/2 hour radius and id hate to think of the issues if something happened.

drive.jpg

and this I found odd. I presume Lambos (and the ferrari was the same) that they have a seperate caliper for the handbrake... (this was only the rear wheel)

lambo.jpg

must say the cars over there made the Foons look like crap, as standard cars go. base model C220 had everything you could think of, electrics, sat nav, custom screen in the dash, and sat perfect and quiet at 180kmh. was weird driving a desiel at that speed and kinda had a tractor feel to it, and when it turns off every time you put it in netural at the lights is a ver weird feeling, but still a way more advanced car. saw 100's of Porsche's, and Merc's and BMW's are their falcons and commodoores.

Edited by Krazy Kyle

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 4m 5d

the double caliper seems to be a common setup.

audi r8 I drove recently also had this setup.

anyone know why they do this?

pretty cool to read about driving o/s and how developed nations dont have a problem with some decent road speeds.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 27d

fuel.jpg

As Tom alluded to, GREAT SCOTT!

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 10m 30d

Hahaha, I only just noticed. Lucky the flux capacitor wasn't working