WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 29d
Was that you turning into the servo as I was heading south? I did see the 'baby blue', and wasn't sure if it was Luke or someone else from here. I had just been to the V8's at Barbagallo, sh*t rainy Saturday, but great racing yesterday, and Ford in front in all 3 races :buttrock:

You should have called past Allan, the blue meanie was back in it's ancestral home. Aidan and I where playing musical turbo's :senile:

Havent got them installed yet :P So no really hard braking, but lots if rapid braking? Lol :P

Grug, when you bed them in, take the car up to 40kmh, lightly apply the brake so the car begins to drop speed (but don't stand on them) when you get to around 20kmh release the brake and gently accelerate back to 40kmh and repeat. Do this 8 or 10 times, then do the same from 60kmh down to 20 8 or 10 times then again from 80kmh. You want to get the pads/disc warm but not smoking hot. Once you have done that go easy on them for the first few hundred k's until the pads are fully bedded into the disc's

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 28d

Yep, that was I.

What times are the V8's doing around barbs with the changes for this season?

They were doing 56 seconds qualification when the track was dry on Sunday. The track hasn't changed at all, only pit/garage facilities and PA system. Also have a new media center.

Overall impression is that maybe the new stuff is better for the V8's and teams, but as a spectator the experience has declined, as the view of the track is somewhat obstructed by the new boulding on the infield. Also thay have now put safety wire fencing on top of the old pit wall, which doesn't improve spectator experience either, as the main 'grandstand' is too low to properly see what's going on.

Great result for Ford though, especially last race on Sunday, which had the most exciting finish I have seen for a long time, with Jamie Whincup losing 2nd spot to Mark Winterbottom on the 2nd last corner, while trying to catch Will Davison.

• Donating Members

You should have called past Allan, the blue meanie was back in it's ancestral home. Aidan and I where playing musical turbo's :senile:

Yeah I could have done that, but after 9 hrs out in the sun and fresh air, I just felt like putting my feet up at home :spoton:

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 27d

Hello :senile: :senile: :senile:

:locomotive:

How goes it dude, is the new toy all detailed yet?

• Totally not a Cop
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 27d

They were doing 56 seconds qualification when the track was dry on Sunday. The track hasn't changed at all, only pit/garage facilities and PA system. Also have a new media center.

Overall impression is that maybe the new stuff is better for the V8's and teams, but as a spectator the experience has declined, as the view of the track is somewhat obstructed by the new boulding on the infield. Also thay have now put safety wire fencing on top of the old pit wall, which doesn't improve spectator experience either, as the main 'grandstand' is too low to properly see what's going on.

Great result for Ford though, especially last race on Sunday, which had the most exciting finish I have seen for a long time, with Jamie Whincup losing 2nd spot to Mark Winterbottom on the 2nd last corner, while trying to catch Will Davison.

Sounds like a good race.

I meant the changes to the cars though, 18" rims, bigger brakes, IRS, possibly a few more changes?

Or is this the 2013 car I'm thinking of? I don't really follow the V8's anymore.

Edited by Crashed

• Slippery when dry
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 8d

:locomotive:

How goes it dude, is the new toy all detailed yet?

Hey bud been quite busy,had the engine pulled out this week.... ready for full respray hopefully 2moro or Sat in original R4 red then put it all back together :) will hopefully catch up with you guys in the near future maybe June cruise :sungum:

• Donating Members

Sounds like a good race.

I meant the changes to the cars though, 18" rims, bigger brakes, IRS, possibly a few more changes?

Or is this the 2013 car I'm thinking of? I don't really follow the V8's anymore.

Yes, that's the 2013 'Car of The Future" where all cars will share a common chassis, and many changes, including what you mention. The COTF project will allow other manufacturers to participate in the V8 championship, and Nissan have already anounced that they will take part next year, I think Chrysler is considering it as well. Should be interesting....

Edited by Ninka

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 11m

Yes, that's the 2013 'Car of The Future" where all cars will share a common chassis, and many changes, including what you mention. The COTF project will allow other manufacturers to participate in the V8 championship, and Nissan have already anounced that they will take part next year, I think Chrysler is considering it as well. Should be interesting....

basically "Australian NASCAR". all space frame with a ford/holden/nissan etc shell over the top. its gonna be good, but I dont beleive it will be true aussie racing anymore.

u been keeping up with your animation's lately Luke..... I got the South park reference, but the Twinky.... I know its a play on Morgan Freeman on Family Guy, just cant remember the episode....

• Donating Members

basically "Australian NASCAR". all space frame with a ford/holden/nissan etc shell over the top. its gonna be good, but I dont beleive it will be true aussie racing anymore.

True, but if V8SC was to continue to rely only on Ford and Holden, it would surely die a slow death, as the market share of these 2 brands decline. As it is, they don't share much (if anything) with the road car, and the COTF will pretty much look the same as current car, so more players will help to ensure viability of the sport. Should be interesting to see next year, as the cars do handle a lot better, and should provide close racing.