WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 2d

Lol Aaron, not everyone can just go buy something :P

Steve, 'grats on the block man! We just finished building (move in on wednesday!!) and even though the whole process started last June, it's the best thing you can do.

Has meant that the taxi has remained unchanged for 9 months and I haven't had any real money spare but it's all worth it.

Now my mate tells me you can get a s/c GT for 60k on road....

Hey Mat, How much did your tiling cost. My guy wants $50 per mtr layed including glue. I supply the tiles.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 5d

Thanks Mat, and congrats yourself on moving in on Wed man! I'll have to come bother you for that game of Forza or whatever it was. You still got the race seat rig?

We're looking at designing our own home as well to save money. Know a few people that can cover various stages...well Jen does, I just know a roofer. Helped him put his own roof on though so he owes me one I think :)

What are peoples thoughts on designing your own/getting own tradies for various stages as vs picking a home with a building company (ideal homes seems good?) and letting them do the legwork? I'm told we could save up to like 50 grand? I imagine it's a big hassle coordinating it though?

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members

My wifes friend owns Shelford Homes who is building our house, cut us a wicked deal. Go on the website and see if you like any of the designs. We might be able to hook you up.

• Donating Members

Oh sh*t yeah, will have a look now. Cheers! We have 2 years to build in order to qualify for 1st home buyers grants and get stamp duty back etc. but should be getting it started in 6 months to a year I think.

• Donating Members

Are www.shelford.com.au and www.shelfordfirst.com.au the same company? Nevermind read the site more and it says so, dur. Even though it's our first home we're looking to build it once and build it right, so looking for a large floor plan with plenty of things left to do to save $$ like the usual painting, but even things like laying floorboards later on, just paint the concrete to get us living in it ASAP!

Anyway I'll show Jen after work tomorrow and see what she reckons, she's looked at loads of plans and even drawn one up while I got covered in oil in the garage, lol. Thanks again for the tip, we've only just started looking around.

Edited by -SteveR-

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members

Yeh , Iam going to have a go at laying our floorboards. But I got contractors to do most of the work. Painting , tiling, paving, soakwells, fencing, etc. We built a modified "The Archer"

Edited by arronm

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 7d

My wifes friend owns Shelford Homes who is building our house, cut us a wicked deal. Go on the website and see if you like any of the designs. We might be able to hook you up.

Wish you told me that 2 months ago!