WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 4d

yes and or no. I couldnt get the factory 2 step exactly to my liking. Its fuel cut not spark hence no fully sik bee-r esque backfiring,

but i dont have neutral rev limit hysteresis in HPT (maybe be in SCT tho?) so the difference in “on” and “off” rpm was too high IMHO

Ie: set is too 3500rpm and it would fluctuate between 3250 and 3500, Also fuel instead of spark cut meant less spool on the limiter (best I could get @ 3800 rpm was 10lb)

The Little blue box is a spark cut setup with WOT shift ign cut so while being vicious on the Cat should give higher boost on the limiter and the WOT shift function should be good for a 10th or 2

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 2d

fuel cut = gay.... spark cut ftw ;D

but better than nothing :)

I've got SCT going on the car this week, so ill explore the 2step options with that :) if not, it will be time to play with stuff :)

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members

Matt, In order to get the most from the factory two step you will need to either mod the clutch switch position or the reverse lockout wiring.

If you dont mod the clutch switch activation point the limiter will come back on everytime you even look at the clutch pedal. If you leave this stock and mod the reverse lockout wiring so its powered by the brake light switch a 6th to 5th downshift with a small tap on the brake will open the lockout and could mean you end up trying to grab reverse

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 19d

yes and or no. I couldnt get the factory 2 step exactly to my liking. Its fuel cut not spark hence no fully sik bee-r esque backfiring,

but I dont have neutral rev limit hysteresis in HPT (maybe be in SCT though?) so the difference in “on” and “off” rpm was too high IMHO

Ie: set is too 3500rpm and it would fluctuate between 3250 and 3500, Also fuel instead of spark cut meant less spool on the limiter (best I could get @ 3800 rpm was 10lb)

The Little blue box is a spark cut setup with WOT shift ign cut so while being vicious on the Cat should give higher boost on the limiter and the WOT shift function should be good for a 10th or 2

For others that don't know (luke does :P), you're wasting your time with using the factory style two step....it can be done but it won't work like it does with the non-DBW cars. Plus it bounces around on the limiter too much as Luke mentioned, easier just to hold it on your desired RPM. Mine never backfired though Luke?

The same problem we have with the DBW (drive by wire) falcons is experienced by the late model mustangs in the US and they use other methods such as the WOT box (they're big on 2-steps over there as all non-DBW cars can enable the factory 2-step very easily and it works flawlessly).

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members

backfire? Niether has mine Toads?

My intention is to set the WOT Box up at <3k and use it as more of a launch assit than a true 2 step (I can't see a BA sedan driveline take a 5K 2 step launch :nukem:) Im more excited about the WOT shift function TBH :3gears:

• Totally not a Cop
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 2d

Woo cars getting fixed up, total $9000.

Looks like I'll be coming on the next cruise, providing I haven't lost my license by then. Gotta fine due on the 15th that'll put me over :(

• Member For: 16y 4m 16d

Thanks to Dean for the Brembo's at mate's rates :spoton:

Anyone else keen on 6pot fronts, 4pot fronts or 4pot rears give me a shout. Can get goooood pricing on new Brembo's for a limited time.

Hey dude, how much can you get brembos for?

Got a bf ute so I think only need front?

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 3d

I reiterate, there must be a distinct presence of BRAAPBRAPPBRAPBRAPBRAAAP at the next cruise you attend Luke :) hahaha. Maybe I'll see if Torquen can come along in his olive green Silvia to satisfy my limiter desire...he's probably gotten a sticker or something by now though!