WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Member For: 17y 9m 2d

Goodluck Mike, you should claim a few scalps.. Was it the Alstar tail shaft loop from Chris Mills the one you purchased?

Woo Whoo the cars back on the road. A big big thanks to Luke for all of the help, just need to clean of his grubby finger prints now. Thanks again. :beerchug:

Will post up some more pics when cleaned up.

Wheelgleam has done all of my polishing and more than happy to recommend them to people wanting something polished.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 4d

Glad your happy mate, looks the business now its all back together. ( Im sure the AWOL plenum nut will turn up one day.... :idontknow:)

Oh and im sure those finger prints are yours...................... :stirthepot:

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 10m 19d

Brendan, it looks identical to the Alstar one on the Chris Mills website, but its boxed as a RPC brand one.

I wasn't keen on drilling holes in the floor/chasis so I decided to modify the RPC one and use the gearbox cross member bolts.

Here is how it is out of the box

smallerP1090160.jpg

Roughly where it sits on the car.

smallerP1090147.jpg

Measured how long it should be and chopped the ends off them. I then had to grind down some of the sides so I could use the hole on the end to go through the cross member bolt properly. Once I was happy with how it fit on the cross member, I tacked it together, checked it all fitted good, then welded it all up properly, tidied them up a bit then gave it a coat of paint.

smallerP1090164.jpg

smallerP1090169.jpg

I decided to leave the loop part unpainted so its a bit more visible at scrutineering.

This is how it looks fitted. Its very solid and sits within 150mm of the front uni, so hopefully its good enough.

smallP1090173.jpg

Edited by XF Falcon

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 10m 19d

I can assure you the member is more than big enough for the job (has been confirmed from multiple sources) :buttrock:

However in this case I'm working with an extremely big hole and by comparison it does look quite small :innocent:

I'm not sure how to make it smaller to tell you the truth. It can't lift any higher as it hits the floor of the car, and I can't chop make the loop halves any smaller as they won't touch the sides and bolt up properly any more.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 3d

Great work avoiding drilling holes in the car Mike. If I ever bother to get a TS loop put in I'd be the same. :beerchug:

• Boost Addict
  • Member For: 16y 2m 5d

Does anyone have a 1.06 rear housing to suit a GT4094 they want to part with or swap with a .85?

the 85 spools nicer...

you looking to make more power?

• Totally not a Cop
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 2d

f6ute.jpg

Here ya go! Bit of a pain that it was real low light and Pat didn't have his expensive lens with him.

I'll try get him along on the next cruise with good glass so we can get some nice photos of everyones cars.

Edited by CyanideIllusions