WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 2d

Saw this on Toodyay Rd/Reid Hwy intersection last week. Not sold on the rims (edit: or the stripes), but I have a hate of bulk chrome on new cars wheels.

IMG_0394.jpg

Edited by -SteveR-

• Totally not a Cop
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 1d

Hey all, this is for all of you movers and groovers out there.... What's the name of the club behind Hungry Jacks in Claremont on Stirling Highway? During our very busy night, we just happen to drive past this place and it was pumping. I also might add that there was some mighty fine looking women parading around also........ :turboboink:

Clubber goes off on a thursday night. I have been there a few times, have always regretted it at work on the Friday though.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 13d

Guys, what's the hotness in affordable tools at the moment.

Budget of $1.5- 2k but would like set so to speak and a roll cab that I can store crap in and build on that.

Sidchrome of course always good but was also looking at CGL range from covs and kincrome and all seem to have lifetime warranties so I assume home use wouldn't put too much stress on them.

Edited by Mat

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 2d

The Kinchrome ratcheting spanners I have seem good quality, also what's the brand with the blue case and yellow name writing? Irwin that's it. Bought a set of their rounded bolt grip nuts (technical term) that have spiral internals that cut into the stuck bolt. I had to use them on the brake caliper, worked great and I was putting a lot of force into them with the mallet. Actually that was through the Kinchrome ratchet handle as well, hahaha. Inherited lots of tools from the old man including a nice red tool chest to keep them in :) Got a giant spanner he said was worth a couple hundred by itself. If the zombie apocalype happens in 2012 I'm taking that thing! Gordon Freeman's pipe wrench aint sh!t lol.

Remember those multi socket ended things that came with bike puncture repair kits? Made from the crappiest alloy that always caused the head to snap off when you were using them! SOBs! cyc001t.jpg

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 3d

Guys, what's the hotness in affordable tools at the moment.

Budget of $1.5- 2k but would like set so to speak and a roll cab that I can store crap in and build on that.

Sidchrome of course always good but was also looking at CGL range from covs and kincrome and all seem to have lifetime warranties so I assume home use wouldn't put too much stress on them.

Snap On> Cgl> Sidchrom> KinChrome. CGL stuff is good for home use and will do 99% of the job you'l want too do at home

I used to use sidchrome exclusiliy for my trade toole but once they canned there lifetime warranty i stopped using them.

Another option that wil be Slighlty more expensive than CGL and Slightly less expensive than Snap On is Caterpillar Value Line. Basically Proto Tools badged cat. Not the cheapest but excellent value for money

• Donating Members

I reckon CGL might be the way to go and speaking to the bloke with the 2 ford turbos at Osborne park it appears they fall nicely within my budget as well which is always a bonus.

If they are willing to give you a lifetime warranty it can't be too bad.

A mate has a huge snapon collection and it's good looking stuff but far from justifiable :(

Edited by Mat

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 3d

Mat if you go CGL price it up then let me know what you want and can get it for and I'l price it up for you. The company i work for puts bulk sales through cov's and we get a fairly hefty discount on most items

• Member For: 17y 9m 2d

Make sure you shop around to Mat. When I receive my tools for my trade allowance, (government gives me money that I have to spend on tools,$1000 this year, even though my work supplies me with my tools) the prices vary so much and you can save a bucket load when making a big purchase. I found that Coventries in Ossy Park gave me the best deal at the end of the day, and the majority of the gear was Sidchrome.

• Donating Members

The bloke at covs in ozzy park is getting back to me with a price I assumed they were all the same? sh*ts me how they dont price things on the shelves though. It's 145pc set and 3 drawer roll can which I figure is a nice basic kit to build on.

When I get the quote back I will let u know Luke. I did ask about trade discount but he reckons when they sell tools in bulk the buyer usually gets trade but can't be too sure u know!