WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

Guest Slash
  • Guests

Yeah Dean im 100% keen for the plates :spoton:

Should have just bought my ute as I said at the beginning... Would have been cheaper :roflmbo:

Old one went kaput.

Mike, had a look and it looks easy enough to get off, I reckon I'd struggle to get it back on though as its a pretty tight gap.

Turbo's f*cked due to blocked oil supply line as Arron has already said.

Who installed the replacement turbs 12 months ago? I'd get on the phone to them & ask what the root cause of the original failure was (bet my balls it was an oil supply issue), and then ask what else they did along with replacing the turbo. If nothing, burn their shop down.

Also, do not drive it until someone either checks it out or you get a new turbs. If you get a full failure, it is likely that pieces of turbo blades will be ingested by your engine & then you'll have a much bigger/more expensive problem on your hands. A $30 taxi now could save you thousands in the not too distant future :spoton:

Edited by Slash

• HOON
  • Member For: 14y 6m 9d

:roflmbo: possibly should have Dean but been through alot with the old girl :spoton:

Good luck with the turbo grug, as Dean said not good for a turbs under a year old lines etc should've been checked or replaced at the same time.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 1d

WAH RAN TEE........................... :turboboink:

Good luck tho, in my experince there a bunch of muppets and will try and pin it on your tune or some other BS :censored:

And no not okay too drive off boost. Turbo is still spinning.

If they wont warrant it and you have too cough up just replacing a bearing pack will be far cheaper, than a busted comp wheel, comp cover, exhaust well an possibly debris injection by the engine said.

As the short man said a few $'s on taxi's could save you $$$

(or find a $300 boonga and cruise that while the phoons pharked)

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m

Yeah he inspected mine and called up Titan Ford and made a recommendation. His mate in the service dept was on hols at the time anyway but they sorted it out for me. There was a mysterious delay of a week where no work was being done but I couldn't have the car which I'm dead certain was them checking the car was 100% stock. In the end it's up to the dealer and Ford to OK the warranty job no matter who calls them up and says it's farked, but thanks to Simon all the same!

PS they will dump your oil if they replace it under warranty, Ford won't warrant it otherwise. Try not to go in with a fresh batch of Edge 0-40 like I did, had to argue with them about paying for the oil. In the end I let them charge for the filter only.