WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

Guest Slash
  • Guests

Hey all, could someone point me in the right direction of where I could source a half decent looking catch can for my taxi, locally, and some ideas on where to install them under the hood?

Cheers for any info.

I know you'll say no, but Rob & Brett setup a great little system in my F6. Was mounted off the Brake Booster bracket & was barely noticeable, plus was easily accessible to keep an eye on whether or not she was starting to breathe heavily.

plus overboost = ping = more power

^^^ THIS!

What car are you driving these days Adrian

:roflmbo:

It was over 36 degrees today. Your car will always feel it bit slower in hot weather.

Not if you have a decent cooler :tonguepoke:

PW Stage 3 Core is amazing on back-to-back runs!

Everyone wants to race today had two runs with a Black F6 on Tonkin Hwy this morning followed by a Red S Pak xD or XE with blower and a Black VE Maloo all within 15 minutes of travel....Happy Days :turboboink::buttrock:

How'd you fare Ben?

I got bored. and carpet tiled by shed tonight & decided to put all my tyres in one spot, instead of scattered throughout the shed and garage lol

65729_1355827794947_1809041724_694340_3935701_n.jpg

Looks like my shed Tocchi!

Share some 19's for this weekend... I ran out :crybaby:

spotto 4LTURBO passing through midland today around midday

A mate was driving, so no peelouts unfortunately! Maybe next time :) Haha

• Member For: 17y 8m 29d

Yeah too late Dean, I had the catch can done yesterday with a new tailshaft added. The catch can was placed next to the brake reservoir. Thanks for the tip though. Won't be long now and I'll be finally trying to get into a 10 second pass.....

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 29d

Looks like my shed Tocchi!

Share some 19's for this weekend... I ran out :crybaby:

yep. ill bring down 2x 245/35s with awesome tread for you down on saturday :)

• Member For: 18y 1m 4d

just thought I would share a little feedback on running e85 everyday for the last month.

fuel economy went from 17 on U98 or so lts/100 to its current 20.8 so you can see its not a huge increase (unlike its big brother 32 lts/100kms). I run it no lower than the 80km beep comes up and then tip 60lts in. this usually gets me through the week and I drive it every single day. naturally I don't commute a hell of a lot and rack up 1000kms in a week. so far the most painful thing in the ass has been not noticing that the filler neck was touching the tray and after about four refills it has left a couple of scratches which piss me off hardcore.

so tip, if you fuel your ute on this stuff, lay down a microfibre cloth so the funnel doesn't touch.

now just waiting on the twin 044 setup simon was making for me to give it a bit more of a tickle and slap some 888's on the back as the advan ad08's have seen better days :dontknow:

Guest Slash
  • Guests

Yeah too late Dean, I had the catch can done yesterday with a new tailshaft added. The catch can was placed next to the brake reservoir. Thanks for the tip though. Won't be long now and I'll be finally trying to get into a 10 second pass.....

Just 2 years too late :tonguepoke:

Let us know when you're heading down Brendan as I'd like to come have a chat/look!

yep. ill bring down 2x 245/35s with awesome tread for you down on saturday :)

I love you :wub:

just thought I would share a little feedback on running e85 everyday for the last month.

fuel economy went from 17 on U98 or so lts/100 to its current 20.8 so you can see its not a huge increase (unlike its big brother 32 lts/100kms). I run it no lower than the 80km beep comes up and then tip 60lts in. this usually gets me through the week and I drive it every single day. naturally I don't commute a hell of a lot and rack up 1000kms in a week. so far the most painful thing in the ass has been not noticing that the filler neck was touching the tray and after about four refills it has left a couple of scratches which piss me off hardcore.

so tip, if you fuel your ute on this stuff, lay down a microfibre cloth so the funnel doesn't touch.

now just waiting on the twin 044 setup simon was making for me to give it a bit more of a tickle and slap some 888's on the back as the advan ad08's have seen better days :dontknow:

How many kms are you getting from a tank? Have you actually measured it on your odometer??

Reason I ask is this, your calculations suggest that you would only get ~306km from a tank based on a 68L ute sized tank & 20.8L/100km... Seems very low.

As a comparison, my Tolly mix I use gets me just over 400kms from a tank & I only have a 60L Fuel Cell, meaning the average consumption is a mere 15L/100km (remember, I also have a 3speed box & not a 6speed making it worse in terms of economy). Price is also alot better in comparison @ ~$2L once mixed with U98 (not to mention I didn't need to upgrade my fuel system to support the extra 30% fuel needed), and I still get the added benifits of running a higher octane fuel.

Not saying E85 is a bad option, just trying to clarify a few things for my own curiosity & see how it rates when compared with the other options readily available :spoton:

Edited by Slash

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 15d

My economy is 20 L/100km's on straight e85 also but I rarely actually cruise in the car and because I don't drive it alot the cold starts chew fuel. WRXRW after your next drive can you put your hand on the plenum and let me know what the temp is like. With unleaded mine gets real hot but I noticed last night that the plenum was cool (I mean not even warm!) I have a thermal imaging camera so will take some shots next time I go for a drive. It definately has terrible economy and costs a bucket but the car runs so nice on the stuff and makes good, safe power :-)