WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Boost Addict
  • Member For: 16y 2m

well have to comply to emissions... some twin 200cell cats go over.. some people with 200cell cat and e85 get over.. hit and miss really. definite way is standard cat.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 21d

It would be hard for the cops to tell if they pulled you up & you showed them your papers with it all being legal I doubt they'd sticker it again. Checking the cat would be too tricky on the side of the road unless you have a 10 inch lift kit & lots of cops probably don't even know what one is. Same as they can't tell if the tune is standard I guess.

All this emissions stuff these days is bollocks. Trees live on carbon dioxide don't they realise it's our cars keeping the planet green?

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 29d

In theory you could have a spot on the XCAL for standard cat tune, and a spot for 'other', if you had to switch between them for some reason. Don't mod any further and it'd only be a case of a trip to the exhaust welders to swap cats around. Or get them to make up a bolt in section the first time around and you could swap cats and tune in minutes! lol. :stirthepot:

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 15d

Cat convertors are also reduce oxides of nitrogen....something tree's don't live on :P Running lean is all good and well for fuel economy and reducing carbon monoxide and fuel but does nothing for reducing nox which would be part of the testing regime. A good quality 400 cell cat and an appropriate tune (not necessarily a lean tune) would be the go. Ethanol is good and reduces emissions but it burns cooler and therefore would take a little longer to fire of the cat. Again, an appropriate tune helps. I really really fear the day I get stickered.....sounds like a big PITA.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 9d

I wouldn't stress too much, I passed the pits 3 or 4 times with no cat in a WRX that hit 120db...

Sometimes easy ways around these things!

And on a sadder note. Mums placing incorrect bets FTL. Could have easily had the trifecta. Ohh well

Edited by Mat

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 29d

Could I go for getting it all above board as is, with the twin cats (what CPI are Manta 2x2.5" system cats?), and if I fail only have to pay the $80 again (plus any costs for altering cats/tune of course)?

ie do you only have to pay the DPI $80 per test, no matter how many times you fail?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 9d

Steve, I wouldn't bother if I was you.

It's simply not worth the headache. If on the very rare chance you got a yellow, it would be much easier to just return the car to almost stock.

If it looks legal, sounds legal, and goes like a legal car, they probably care not for it.